Meeting the Boys

Taylee was sitting in her hotel room when her phone lit up. "Be ready in 10! We will pick u up 😘" Her friends Hailie and Myah whom she had met years ago during a family vacation were picking her up for her first bar experience in Nashville, TN. Taylee never really drank much other than socially but she thought one night of fun couldn't hurt. She put on her go-to outfit - ripped black skinny jeans and a Beatles t-shirt knotted in the front. Her phone lit up again "We r here!"

She walked out of her hotel room and down the stairs to the lobby. A smile flashed across her face when she saw her best friends.

"Taylee! Gosh it's been forever!" Myah said.

"Yeah! Get in here girl! We're taking you out!" said Hailie.

Taylee got in the back seat and asked, "So where are we going?"

"There's a bar downtown that I hear a lot of the musicians go to. I thought we could check that out!" 

"Sounds good to me! I'm ready to just let loose and have some fun!"

They pulled into a public parking spot and got out of the car. As they were walking in the front door Taylee started to get nervous. "You guys aren't going to let me get too crazy are you? Like you're not going to let me leave with some guy at the the end of the night right?"

"Of course not!" said Myah. "We would never let that happen to you! Also, please don't feel like you have to drink a lot. You don't have to try to impress us. We know you don't like to drink much."

"Thanks guys. I do plan on having some fun though." Taylee smirked.

They got some drinks at the bar and got on the dance floor. Hailie found a tall handsome guy and they went to sit in a booth in the corner of the bar. 

"Don't worry about her. She's a pro at this." Myah said. "She knows her limits. She will come get us if he gets too handsy. I need to use the restroom."

"Good. As long as she knows to be safe" Taylee said as Myah walked away. She sat down on a stool at the bar and started fidgeting with the Greta van Fleet pin fastened to her purse. As she picked up her glass to take another drink she could swear she heard the voice of Josh Kiszka. Surely not. What would be the chances of meeting the lead singer of her favorite band at a bar? As she turned her head to look he ran right into her spilling his salty dog all over her t-shirt.

"Oh.. Oh no. I am so sorry mama." he said as he turned towards the bar. "Can I get some napkins over here please? Or maybe a towel!"

"Don't worry about i-- woah. You're Josh Kiszka." Taylee was overcome with shock.

"Uh.. Yeah. Listen I'm so sorry about that. Great shirt though! I love the Beatles. I've got every one of their vinyl albums."

"Really? I grew up listening to the Beatles. My dad and I used to dance to their music when I was a toddler.  Are you by yourself? It seems odd for someone like you to be in a bar alone."

"No, Sam and Danny went to a different bar down the street and Jake is here somewhere. Probably in the bathroom. He's had a lot to drink. So you know who I am. Are you a fan?"

"You could say that. I've never attended a concert but I adore your music."

"Well you may have a chance now. We are playing at the FirstBank Amphitheater tomorrow night at 7."

"I may have to check that out!"

"Check what out?" Myah said from behind her.

"Oh Myah! This is Josh Kiszka from Greta van Fleet, that band I've told you about?"

"No way! You're THE Josh Kiszka?"

"In the flesh." Josh said sarcastically.

"Anyway, are you ready to go Taylee? I'm starting to get some sensory overload from being here so long. Where's Hailie?"

"Yeah, I'm ready. Hailie is still where she was before; making out with that guy in the corner booth." Taylee rolled her eyes.

"I'll go get her. You finish up here and we will meet you out front." she said with a wink.

"I guess that's my cue. It was nice meeting you Josh."

"Wait. You don't want a picture? Or an autograph? You're not going to ask me for free tickets to the show?"

"Oh! I uh.."

"Wow. Usually anytime I meet fans they are begging me for something. You're different."

"I guess I am." She notices Myah basically dragging a very drunk Hailie out of the front door. "I have to go. Thanks for helping me clean up."

"No problem. Again I'm so sorry. I think I owe you a t-shirt next time I see you."

"Yeah!" she said as she fast walked to the front door to help Myah.

After finally getting Hailie into the back seat, Taylee gets in the front.

"Well, how do you feel?" Myah asked.

"About what?" Taylee replied.

"Well, everything? Your first bar experience? Meeting the lead singer of your favorite band?"

"That was pretty cool wasn't it? Dang. I just ran off. He probably thinks I'm the rudest person he's ever met." Taylee sunk down in her seat. What was wrong with her?

"Nah. Maybe we should get tickets to the show tomorrow night. Pull it up on your phone and see if there are any more available."

Taylee pulled up Ticketmaster on her phone. "Yeah! There are three resale tickets for general admission! I'm getting them now!"

"Awesome! What time should we line up?"

"I don't have any plans for tomorrow. Lets say 2:00?"

"Deal."