Chapter 11: Take Care Alex

The alarm beeped and Aaron rolled over, reaching across to shut it off. He let the heavy sound of it fill his ear as he got up, moving to get ready for college. He got ready and went downstairs to have his breakfast. Once he finished, he grabbed his backpack and left, not before bidding goodbyes to his mom and dad.

He reached his University in no time, walking into his first class of the day. He sat on his usual place and waited for Alexis to come. He waited and waited but she never came. He sighed and tried to focus on what was being said around him but he couldn't stop thinking about her. He wondered why she did not come to the university. He sighed again and attended all his classes alone.

Finally it was lunch break. He was missing Alexis. He thought of checking his phone and found her voice note which she had sent the night before. He felt guilty for not checking his phone soon before but nonetheless, listened to her voice note patiently. Her voice note was:

"Hey Ari! Hope you're doing good. I know it was a lot for you today and I understand but don't worry much okay. You've got me. I just wanted to tell you that tomorrow, I am driving to my grandparents' place. They need me there. My mom will be at home because of some work of hers. I will be back in a week. I wanted to tell you this today in person but I just couldn't bring that up after what happened. Forgive me and no need to miss me much but damn I'm really gonna miss you 'cause who will I make fun of the whole week? Hm? Anyways Aaron, don't do something stupid and don't you forget me okay! Toodles!"

Aaron chuckled to himself after listening her voice note. A kind of warmth filled his heart. He was definitely going to miss her next few days, until she comes back. He replied her voice note with an another voice note of his, grinning cheekily to himself.

Alexis was in her car, driving towards her grandparents' house. She was constantly checking her phone. She was waiting for Aaron's reply. Whenever her phone buzzed, she quickly checked to see if that was Aaron but to her dismay it had not happened from last night. She was busy driving when suddenly her phone buzzed and she saw that Aaron's contact flashed her screen. Out of pure delight, she opened his chat and smiled all ears to herself. His voice note was:

"Hey Alexis! I am so sorry I am replying this late to you. I didn't see my phone from yesterday. I am fine now. Hope you're doing good too. I miss you a lot already. Your absence is literally driving me crazy but don't be so overwhelmed. I am kinda happy too, to be free at least for a week from you and your stupid talks and other things. I'll not forget you, only if you promise to bring me goodies when you return. Just kidding though! Drive safely and don't trouble your grandparents much. You know right you've been convicted of leaving your dearest friend all alone for a freaking week! So, your punishment is as follows: 2 phone calls daily, 2 selfies daily. Okay? Take care Alex! See you soon!"

Alexis listened the voice note over and over again. She was definitely going to miss him a lot. She glanced once last time at her phone's wallpaper which was Aaron kissing her cheeks. She blushed, remembering the memory. She kept the phone on the seat beside her and focused back on her driving. She looked towards the road and saw a small boy in front of her car trying to catch his flown balloon. She didn't wanted to hurt him so she quickly had to change her car's direction. Before Alexis could even comprehend anything, she found herself being dashed and surrounded by her own pool of blood. She heard distant chattering of people but all she could really hear was Aaron's words from the voice note that kept repeating in her mind. "Take care Alex" were the last words that echoed in her mind before darkness engulfed her.

Aaron was in his class. He was missing Alexis. Her presence, her smile, her everything. Suddenly, he started feeling uneasy as if something bad was going to happen or something bad really happened or was happening. He didn't knew what he was feeling. He was confused. He felt weirdly nervous and anxious. He took out his phone under his desk and opened his phone's gallery. He saw his and Alexis's silly, cute selfies and photos. He smiled to himself softly. It comforted him a bit and he felt little better after looking at their photos but still there was this uncertainty troubling his mind and heart. Why was he feeling like that?
_________________________________________

Hello lovely readers! I know it's a late update. I was supposed to update yesterday, on Saturday but I am sorry I just couldn't. I was suffering from severe dysmenorrhea. I am still not fully okay, but I am definitely better than yesterday. Also I know it's a short chapter. I am really sorry for all the inconveniences. By the way! How's the chapter? Holy cow! Alexis got into a car accident!😨🥺 Now what? How will the story take turn from now on? Is this the end? How do you think Aaron will react after knowing this? Keep reading to find out! Feel free to comment your thoughts and please do vote, it helps a lot : )
See you on Wednesday!

Don't forget, I update every Wednesday & Saturday.

Till then,
Bye! Stay safe, healthy & happy ^_^

With love,
~Nirali♡

Chapter Published- Sunday, 26 June 2022.