Chapter 10: Dante Burke

Thought I found a way

Thought I found a way out (found)

But you never go away (never go away)

So I guess I gotta stay now

Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here

Even if it takes all night or a hundred years

Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near

Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear

Isn't it lovely, all alone

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone

Tear me to pieces, skin to bone

Hello, welcome home
_________________________________________

“Aaron please come with me! My neighbour needs you!”

“Yeah okay”, Aaron said to Alexis, wondering what help her neighbour needed from him. They both went towards her neighbour’s home and stopped at the entrance when they saw a woman crying.

“Who is she Alex?”, Aaron asked.

“Mrs. Burke”, Alexis answered.

“Why is she crying?”

“She is crying because of her son. Her son is a drug addict. He’s usually not at home. He comes rarely home, that too being too high on it. He takes variety of drugs and behaves bad with Mrs. Burke. Mrs. Burke is a good and kind lady. Her husband was alcohol addict and he died last year. She doesn’t deserve this all Ari. Now only you can help her”, Alexis said looking hopefully at Aaron. Aaron was perplexed. How was he going to help her really?

“How am I going to help her?”, He asked.

“You’ll get soon. Now let’s go to her”, Alexis said and led Aaron to Mrs. Burke. Mrs. Burke saw up when she felt the presence of Alexis and Aaron.

“Oh dear Alexis! Thank you for coming here”, Mrs. Burke cried.

“Of course I would come Mrs. Burke. Where is Dante?”, Alexis asked.

“He is in the house. He’s too high on his drugs. I wish I could make him forget his addiction Alexis. I cannot loose him like my husband. He’s my only son and only family I've and I really love him a lot”, Mrs. Burke sobbed. Aaron felt bad for the woman. Alexis was sad too. She patted Mrs. Burke’s shoulder gently and made her look at Aaron.

“Mrs. Burke! This is my friend Aaron. He will definitely help you and your son”, Alexis said looking at Aaron. Aaron was startled. Mrs. Burke looked at him and smiled sadly yet softly.

“Aaron dearie! Please help my child!”, She pleaded. Aaron felt very bad for the woman. He wanted to help her, make her all worries go but how was he going to do that? He thought, when suddenly the thing struck his mind. He glanced at Alexis and knew what was going on in her head. He shook his head in a ‘no’ and ran off from there. Alexis understood what he must have realised and chased him.

“Aaron wait! Please wait!”, she called him. Aaron stopped and looked behind to find her looking at him intently, as of seeing his soul.

“What Alexis? Do you really think I am going to that? Do you honestly think this is going to help that poor lady?”, Aaron asked Alexis disbelieved at what she was planning to do. Alexis sighed and responded him.

“That’s the only way Aaron. Dante is about to die. If he doesn’t stops taking drugs then anytime soon he may die. Understand Aaron, only you can help him and Mrs. Burke. Show him your eyes and he will forget all about his addiction”