14

Adriano and Valentina walked into the house Valentina walking straight to the couch plopping down on it. She was happy to be home and once again she hated school. She looked up at the ceiling taking a breath she knew that she had wanted to come back but she was already hating it. "I hate school"

"Hate being back already." He chuckled slightly knowing that she had been so excited to go back and now it was the exact opposite. "I thought you were excited."

She wasn't sure why she had been so excited she remembered why she hated school so much in the first place. Just a whole bunch of people and teachers that got on her nerves and made her want to commit murder. "Yes I was excited now I hate being back."

"You haven't even been back that long." His sister had been back a day and already she was cursing the school.

"Well the day probably would have been better if it hadn't started how it did." She was now putting Ms. Marino on her hit list and she hoped that she would soon learn that it was a place she didn't want to be. "She had no right to say that to me. "

He knew that her sister was right and he knew that the other teachers would learn that there were things you did and didn't do and this fell under the didn't. "Well i handled it she shouldn't have anything else to say to you."

She sat up looking at her brother confused she had never thought to ask him what he had done after he told her he would handle it. Now she knew that all her brother's scared people with the whole Mafia thing and they were a dangerous family but she didn't know how far that extended. "What did you do?"

He looked at her shaking his head what had happened was not her concern she just needed to know that it wasn't going to happen again. "My job as your older brother."

She shuddered taking a breath only imagining what he had done to ensure that this was the first and last time that someone did that to her. "I don't like the idea of that."

"Don't think about it just know that it won't happen again." He made sure that his message got across and if he didn't they really wouldn't like him having to call his brothers in to make sure that their demands were heard.

"Ok i trust you." She trusted that he would do anything to protect her and not hurt her.

"Ok you want food." He wanted food and also to sneak out but he needed to make sure that she was fine before he thought about doing that.

"Yes." She was hungry and she still hated school food or had a habit of not eating when she knew that she was supposed to.

"I'm ordering a pizza you can go do homework." He knew that she probably had things to catch up on now that she was actually back in school.

"Just let me know when it arrives." She grabbed her bag running up the stairs. She went to her room walking in the room and putting her bag on the bed. She didn't have much to do but she still had a few things that she had to complete.

"ACTUALLY DO YOUR HOMEWORK" He did not need her putting it off and it would make it easier to leave knowing that she was busy.

"I WILL!"

She grabbed her homework out her bag putting it at her desk. She closed her door going to get clothes so that she could change. She went to her bathroom changing into clothes that did not smell like tears or sweat and were actually comfortable.

--

She was working on her essay when their was a knock on the door. "Come in."

Adriano walked into the room with the plate of Pizza. He knew that she didn't have much but that she had enough to keep her occupied for awhile. "How much more you got left?"