Faithful Friends are Hard to Find

Chapter Seven: Faithful Friends Are Hard to Find

"Five more minutes," Jeff groaned, rolling over and hitting Dane square in the face with his cast.

Getting up at 6:30 with a list of to do's and a ticking time limit was far different than waking up whenever, with no plans except for a slow, languid blowjob, pajamas all day and breakfast in bed. Dane found that even getting Jeff vertical (at least not his dick) this early was a monumental task, and it was literally just the very first thing needed to the start of their day.

"Get up. Get up. Get up." Dane muttered, pushing Jeff from side to side like a beached whale.

"No, no, no," Jeff giggled, finally pulling Dane down to kiss him heatedly. "Let just fuck. 'Kay? I think that sounds way way better than going to school." Trying to reach down the sweats Dane wore for pajamas.

"Oh my god, please, we can't get distracted," Dane said, already distracted. "Shit, seriously? How is this going to work, us sharing a bed, if we can't get ready for school without ...ooooohhhhhhhhh..." 

 Dane couldn't even speak for a few minutes. Both of their hands busy, as they kissed sloppily, Dane breathing heavily into Jeff's mouth as he felt his dick being pummeled by Jeff's big callused hand. His own more delicate hands, with their long long fingers, teasing Jeff's cock with gentle squeezes and tugs.

Afterwards, they both lay flat on their backs, chests heaving.

"Okay, so that happened," Dane groaned. "Now...now we have to get up and get ready for school."

Jeff made a noise of disgust and sat up. "Sometimes you are such a buzzkill, Dane. I was still feeling in the moment, and you have to bring up school. Do gooder Dane. Downer Dane."

Dane paused, hurt. Really, it was the first time in the last four days that Jeff said something that actually sounded mean and not teasing. More like the way he'd been before he broke his wrist.

"I'm sorry," Dane said stiffly, not quite sure what he was apologizing for. "I'm going to take a shower and make breakfast. Do whatever you need to do. I assumed you would need me to drive you to school today, but you don't have to go with me if you'd rather not." He tried not to attack back. Because he'd really been working on being a better person around Jeff, and had thought they were connecting, building something that was close to a friendship..maybe... maybe even more than a friendship.

But maybe he was wrong.

Jeff snorted and sat with his back to Dane. Just sat there. Saying nothing. Not stopping Dane. Not pulling him down into a hug or a kiss, like he might have done yesterday.

So Dane walked away. Took a shower. Trying not to feel crushed. Or blindsided by Jeff's sudden about face.

He walked slowly back into his room to grab some clothes. Taking out a pair of beige chinos and a dark blue sweater, he sat down on the bed, his back to Jeff who still sat on the other side, not moving.

Dane swallowed his unease, determined to be an adult and communicate.

"You really hurt my feelings just now. I thought... I thought we weren't going to treat each other like this."

Jeff was silent.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" Dane said, staring at the clothes in his lap, running his fingers over the texture of his sweater.

More silence.

Dane shook his head, and slowly got dressed. Jeff sat there, still in his pajamas.

The musician sighed, and tried one more time, sitting cross legged on the carpet in front of Jeff. And was surprised to see that Jeff's eyes were closed, his brow furrowed with unease.