Noticing her small smile in Natasha's direction, Viraj couldn't help but ask.

"Don't tell me you like her!" He exclaimed.

"She seems nice." Sneha said in her defence.

"She just insulted me...your fiance and still you are praising her!" He complained.

"She didn't insult you, Viraj. She was just giving you a reply." She clarified.

"Of course, you'd think like that. After all, you are a split copy of her." He muttered before some other friends of his engaged them in a conversation.

"So, do you hate me too?" Sneha asked when his friends left them to themselves. Viraj looked at her in confusion.

"What?"

"You hate Natasha. And you think we are alike. So, you hate me too?" She elaborated.

His brows narrowed and his head tilted a little as she applied the transitive property of equality.

"I don't hate you! Would I be marrying you if I hated you?" He asked in a confused tone.

"Then why do you hate her if she's like me?" She asked.

Viraj was dumbstruck. He had never thought about it. But the question was indeed logical. Both Natasha and Sneha did what he asked them to not do. Both were disobedient and fiery with their mouth. Both supported modern feminist thinking while he was clearly on the patriarchal balance. So, what exactly in his fiancee did he adore that he was intensely infatuated with her?

"Hmm?" His persistent fiancee reminded him to reply.

"Because you are you." He answered while not satisfying her or even his query. The lines on her forehead declared to him that she was not in agreement with his answer. Well, neither was he.

.

.

.

Finally, the moment she was dreading the most arrived.

"Son! Sneha." Dev met them with a smile.

Sneha's smile fell and she bit her cheeks internally in nervousness.

"Papa. Ma!" Viraj greeted his parents and looked at Sneha so that she'd greet them too.

"Namaste, uncle...aunty." She mumbled quickly as they all looked at her.

"Is that a way to greet your soon-to-be inlaws, Sneha? I thought we had a common tradition." Dev played along with her fear, knowing very well what she was thinking right now.

Before Viraj could interfere, Sneha bowed deeply and touched Dev's feet followed by Viraj's mother's feet. To her relief, his mother quickly hugged her warmly. Meanwhile, Viraj only gave a pissed-off look to his father.

"Welcome to the family, Sneha! You are looking like a princess in this dress." Meena said with a big smile.

"Thank you, aunty. You are looking beautiful too!" She managed to say with a small smile.

"My son is truly lucky to have you." Meena added to which Viraj smiled back.

However, Dev didn't like the statement.

"She is the one who is lucky to have my son. Not the other way around." Dev corrected to which Meena didn't comment further. Sneha neither.

"Papa, ma, we'll quickly meet Sneha's parents. Then we all can have lunch together." Viraj informed before holding her hand again to walk in the direction of her family.