Chapter 14

Avaenará POV:
Today Navier invited me to a tea party she was hosting. It was also the day of the debutante ball Navier was hosting. She's been telling me about the young lady named Lebetti. It's her debutante and I'll be able to meet her at the tea party.

"Darla do we have my outfit from when we met the ambassadors from the Western Kingdom?" I asked. "Yes your imperial majesty." "I would like to wear that today." "Very well your imperial majesty."

Darla quickly got me dressed in my outfit. I decided to keep it simple today with a long creme dress with a teal blue top, designed with flowers. My was in a half up-half down bun with a pin to hold it in place and smaller pin near the front. In my hand was a northern empire circle fan.

Upon arriving to the room where the tea party was being held as usual the noble ladies bowed at my presence

Upon arriving to the room where the tea party was being held as usual the noble ladies bowed at my presence. I took my seat next to Navier and chatted with her.

Our conversation went on hold when the doors opened to reveal a young lady with short red hair and in a pink ball gown with white roses. I could tell it was Lebetti as Navier told me about her. Laura and another lady gushed at her which made the young lady shy.

I smiled and made my way up to her.

"Miss Lebetti." I said to catch her attention. When I did she gasped and curtsied. "Y-Your imperial majesty! Apologies f-for n-not greeting you!"

"It's alright." I took her hands and helped her stand. "I have heard lots about you from the empress. Please come and sit." I dragged her over to the seat across from mine and next to Navier's.

I could tell the young girl was flustered. "Nothing to be shy about. I can tell you are a beautiful young lady. Your debutante is this weekend, is it not?" I asked.

"Y-Yes your imperial majesty!" Lebetti shakily nodded. I gave her a soft smile. "Would you like to join the empress and I for a walk after tea Miss Lebetti?"

The three of us then found ourselves walking outside. Since it was a bit chilly we all had our cloaks. As we were walking Lebetti told us about the portraits she had of us in her home.

"I-It's not like I-I'm obsessed or anything!" "Don't worry. I don't think you are." Navier says. I nodded in agreement. "It's quite cute to have someone as young as you to idolize us." I say.

"Who wouldn't your imperial majesty? You and her majesty are role models. It's amazing you both are sponsoring young children to become mages."

Navier looked at me with a questioning look. "When I heard you sponsored a young girl who became a mage it inspired me as well. Duke Jimin met these twins that we are going to sponsor together." I tell her.

"I see."

Out walk came to a halt when we ran into Duke Ergi and Rashta. "Your imperial majesty and your majesty. It has been a while." Duke Ergi says. His gaze then went to Lebetti who hid behind Navier. "And who is this? I don't believe we met."

"She is a new acquaintance of mine." Navier says. "In fact she is a delightful young lady. I wish she was my little sister."

I look over and saw Rashta was tense. I decided to add fuel to the fire. "Miss Lebetti is such a lovely girl. Her and imperial princess Seraphina would get along quite well. I would consider her another sister of ours." I smile as I put my hand on Lebetti's shoulder.

"If it doesn't make you uncomfortable you can call me sister if you want." Navier tells Lebetti. "I as well." I included.

"Oh your imperial majesty! Your majesty!" I gently wipe Lebetti's tears with my handkerchief .

I then turn to Rashta and smirk. "Miss Rashta, did you like the gift?" I asked her. "Your imperial majesty may I suggest calling lady Rashta a 'lady'? She is of high society." Duke Ergi says.

"Perhaps. But she never had a debutante ball. Without a debutante ball a young woman cannot become a lady or have any specific title." I then lean towards Rashta. "And besides..."

"Miss Rashta is better than mistress Rashta, is it not?" Rashta slightly stepped back in shock but surprisingly kept her balance.

'At least she didn't fall to the ground and cry her eyes out.' I thought.

"The gifts her imperial majesty gave me had an awful meaning to it! I find it quite rude to give awful gifts to his majesty's child!" Rashta says.

I covered my mouth with the back of my hand and giggled. "The little prey bites now doesn't she? I wouldn't give a meaningless gift or a careless one to the emperor's child Miss Rashta. Besides the meanings of the gifts suit you."

I took her chin in my hand and tilted her face towards me. "As you might now know the decorated eggs may be pretty but they are useless and only for showing off. Just like you. The clock is quite obvious. It tells time. But for your sake, the clock is telling your time. And it seems your time is running out."

I let go of her chin and wiped my hand on my handkerchief before dropping it on the floor. "The handkerchief is now dirty." I turned to Lebetti. "It was supposed to be an early gift to you for making your debut in society but now it's ruined but her germs." I look towards Rashta.

"But do not fret. I have another one that will fit your style better. Though I'm afraid my walk has been ruined by the view. I shall take my leave."

"Do not worry your imperial majesty. My walk has been ruined as well by the view. Shall I accompany you?" Lebetti asked. "That is ever so kind of you Miss Lebetti. Thank you. Care to join us Navier?"

Navier nodded. I walked with Lebetti arm in arm. As we walked I turned back and smirked at Rashta one last time before turning back and walking away.