Chapter 15

Avaenará POV:
Now it was time for Lebetti's debutante ball. I had heard from Jimin that Rashta gifted Lebetti a dress for her debutante. I know Rashta didn't to it out of kindness so I have to be prepared to make sure Lebetti isn't embarrassed.

Mira and Darla got me dressed in a green and light pink dress of similar design to my Christmas one. This had lotus flowers one it as well. My hair was put into the bun and had similar pins, combs, and headpiece. This time instead of a bow in the back it was a pink flower.

 This time instead of a bow in the back it was a pink flower

I arrived in the ballroom and looked around for Lebetti. I then found her talking to other nobles. She was wearing a yellow dress decorated in bows. She noticed me and shyly waved as I smiled and waved back at her.

Then I noticed her expression turned to a shocked one. I saw her looking behind be so I turned around to see Rashta in the same dress as Lebetti.

"Miss Lebetti and Lady Rashta are wearing the same dress."

"Why would Lady Rashta copy a viscount's daughter?"

"Perhaps it's the other way around."

I looked back and saw Lebetti's eyes starting to tear up. Suddenly Navier came up to her and put her purple cape around her shoulders. "Perhaps this with make you stand out."

I then walked up to them and placed my jade headpiece around Lebetti's forehead. "At my debutante I wore a headpiece like this one. So did the imperial princess. Now it's your turn."

"Her imperial majesty and her majesty always know how to fix anything."

"Miss Lebetti looks like a princess now."

"Her imperial majesty and her majesty are quite fond of her."

I turned back to look at Rashta and saw she was writing in a notebook. 'Could she perhaps be copying us?' I asked myself.

I walked over to her and snatched her book. "Y-You're imperial majesty?!"

I stared at her before reading the notebook. "T-That's mine your imperial majesty. M-May I h-have it back?" I ignored Rashta and kept reading the book.

They seemed to be notes of what Navier does. Rashta seems to be copying Navier. I chuckled and dropped the book on the floor. I watched as Rashta bend down and picked it up.

"Take my advice and stop trying to be someone you're not." I tell Rashta. Before I could walk away she spoke. "I'm not trying to copy her majesty. I just want to be better with the nobles." I turn to her.

"You'll never have a chance at being good with with nobles Rashta. The commoners may like you but the nobles don't." I say to her. "I watch how to talk and act now. You talk and act like the empress. You even dress like her to maker her a fool. Nobody likes copy cats Rashta. Nobody." After talking to her I walked away to spend the rest of the night with Lebetti.

Later that night I retired back to my chambers and spent the rest of the night reading and drinking tea as Mira and Darla talked before heading to bed.