ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛

*Few Days Before The Arrival*
Empress Navier was walking through the garden when she came up to the northern palace. Nobody was allowed to enter the northern palace. It was meant for special people, imperial people. It was meant for the imperial family of the northern empire.

Every kingdom and empire reserves the northern palace for them, even if they don't visit often. No one, not even the emperor is allowed to roam the northern palace without permission of the imperial family.

Navier however is allowed. Ever since Avaenará became the imperial empress, she granted that Navier is the only one allowed to roam the northern palace, sometimes with her ladies-in-waiting.

As Navier walked through the halls she observed everything, making sure it was in the right place. As she was rearranging things an annoying voice could be heard booming through the halls.

"Your majesty!" She turned to see Rashta, the emperor's mistress running towards her, with her ladies-in-waiting trying to stop her.

"Lady Rashta! Please you're not allowed to come in here!" "Please Lady Rashta! Come back!"

Rashta stopped and turned to her ladies-in-waiting.

"What do you mean? It's just another part of the palace. Maybe it's a gift from his majesty! He's so thoughtful!" Rashta gushed, not realizing she's wrong.

"On the contrary Lady Rashta." Navier spoke. She walk towards her. "This is the northern palace. No one is allowed to enter. Not even the emperor himself." She says in her cold voice.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Everyone turned to see Countess Darla Vern. She left the northern empire a week earlier to prepare for the imperial empress prior to her visit.

"Oh your majesty! Forgive me for my volume." Darla bowed and apologized. "Nothing to apologize for Lady Darla." Navier dismissed.

"May I ask who you are miss?" Darla asked to Rashta. "I'm Rashta! The emperor's mistress!"

Rashta was too excited to see the displeasure on Darla's face. She scoffed. "No manners or etiquette. Shameful. Blurting out you're the mistress of the eastern emperor."

Rashta eyes started to water and she dropped to the floor and started to sob. Navier sighed in annoyance. Rashta's ladies-in-waiting tried to calm her. Darla got tired of her sobs and walked towards her with a cold hard gaze.

"Enough girl! A lady does not act like this. The eastern emperor made a mistake having a mistress. Much less have you as one." Rashta and her ladies-in-waiting gasped. "How dare you talk bad about his majesty?! He shall hear about this!"

Darla let out a hollow laugh.

"Go ahead, he can't do anything. The eastern emperor isn't my majesty. I serve the imperial empress. And you are in her palace. I suggest you leave now before word gets out. And it won't be good."

Rashta hastily stood up and ran with her ladies-in-waiting following.

Darla turned back to Navier and curtsy. "My apologies for interrupting your visit empress." "Don't be Lady Darla. I've just come to check to make sure everything was in place. I shall take my leave now." "Of course empress."

Navier left the northern palace and back to the west wing. Her lady-in-waiting Laura and Countess Eliza helped her get ready for dinner before she went down.

She was met with emperor sitting at the end of the table with Rashta sitting by his side. Navier sat on the opposite end of the table and started to eat.

Everyone at in silence with Rashta sniffling once in a while.

"Rashta wipe your tears. You should not be sad. I promise I'll deal with the lady?" Emperor Sovieshu wiped the tears streaming down her face.

'Like he can.' Navier thought.

"I'm afraid you can't emperor." Navier interrupted. "And why can't I empress? Rashta told me you were there. Were you the one who made her cry? Apologize!" Sovieshu demanded.

Navier shook her head. 'Jumping to conclusions just for his mistress.' "It wasn't me emperor. Lady Rashta stepped foot in the northern palace when I was arranging for her imperial majesty's visit." Navier stated.

"I simply told her she wasn't allowed in there and to politely leave before she gets in trouble. Lady Darla came and said the same thing. Your mistress didn't take our advice to kindly."

Sovieshu looked to Rashta. "Is this true Rashta?" He asked. Rashta nodded. "I was exploring the palace and saw big sis- her majesty. I didn't know." Rashta sniffed.

"I'm sorry Rashta. I should've told you not to enter the northern palace." Sovieshu apologized. "But why your majesty?" "The northern palace is reserved for some very important people. More important then the empress and myself."

Navier stood up. "They'll be arriving in a few days. I must make sure everything else is in place. I shall take my leave your majesty." Navier bowed before leaving.

"Rashta, when the special guests arrive you must be on your best behavior. They can do anything and I won't be able to stop them. You must stay safe okay?" Sovieshu says sternly.

Rashta gave a nod. "Of course your majesty! Anything for you!" Sovieshu smiled. 'She's too cute.'

*Few Days Later*
Navier, Sovieshu, and the palace staff all waited at the entrance for the imperial family. Soon three carriages arrived. Once they came to a stop the first and last carriage doors opened. Out walked seven men in similar knightly attire.

'Who could they be?' Navier asked herself. She saw one of the taller ones walked to the middle carriage and opening the door.

Out came Avaenará and then Mira. After the introductions of everyone and countess Eliza showed the imperial family to the north palace, all who was left was Sovieshu and Navier with the staff.

"I must attend to the New Year's Ceremony. I shall take my leave emperor." Navier gave a curtsy before leaving.

Sovieshu just stood there thinking about the imperial empress. 'So the rumors are true. Her beauty is as of they say.' Sovieshu smiled. 'She hasn't changed a bit.'

When Avaenará became the imperial empress rumors spread around like a forest fire about her. Some simple like about her beauty, while others were extreme like her having a lover. Either way, ones about her beauty and etiquette were real.

Her beauty surpassed the Duchess of Tuania's and Navier's. Her etiquette was taught by her mother, the past imperial empress who had outstanding etiquette as well. Many teachers tried to learn their techniques but all they got in reply was "It's like second nature."

Sovieshu was knocked out of his memories when he heard a familiar voice calling to him. "Your majesty!" He turned to see his Rashta running to him.

"Have you missed Rashta your majesty? Rashta missed you too." Rashta clang onto his arm. Sovieshu laughed and patted her head. "Of course I have Rashta."

Rashta looked around to see the noble but only the staff were there. "Have the guests arrived yet?" "They have, a few moments ago." Rashta pouted. "Rashta wanted to greet the guests."

"Don't worry Rashta. You'll meet them at the ceremony." Sovieshu assured her. "Speaking of the ceremony. We must get ready. Let's go." Rashta became excited and nodded. The two walked arm in arm as they walked back inside the palace.