ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝

*The Next Day*
Avaenará POV:
Today was the day of the ball and the night of the dinner.

"Your imperial majesty, may we come in?" I heard Darla's voice. "Enter."

Darla and Mira entered with a few more maids who were pushing a cart of tea and breakfast, while the other was pushing a rack of dresses.

"What shall you where today your imperial majesty?" Darla asked, coming over with a cup of tea. I accepted the tea and sipped it while looking at the dresses.

"That one." I pointed to a black, red, and gold traditional dress. The dress was designed with peacock feathers, and decorated in pearls and green jade. On her neck with wore a gold necklace with a single red ruby. Her hair was put into a half up-half down bun with a pink to hold the gold crown in place.

 Her hair was put into a half up-half down bun with a pink to hold the gold crown in place

After getting dress Duke Jimin decided to escort me to the banquet.

Upon arrival everyone stared towards me again. I looked around to see both Navier and Rashta as well. Navier had a small smile on her face while Rashta look like she was shivering.

"Her imperial majesty is wearing a northern empire gown ."

"Should it matter? Either way she still looks more ethereal than all of us."

"No doubt fitted dresses will become a trend starting tomorrow in the eastern empire."

"Indeed. Her imperial majesty's taste in fashion is absolutely extraordinary."

Jimin guided me to Navier. As we stopped in front of Navier she gave a curtsy as a greeting. I nodded back to greet her.

"How has your stay been your imperial majesty?"

"My stay has been well. I also apologize about the scene I created yesterday."

"No need for an apology."

We continued our conversation but Navier seemed distracted. She kept looking behind me so I turned around to see Heinrey and Rashta. Rashta then said something that caught my interest.

"I'm the one you've been looking for your highness."

'What is she on about?' I asked myself.

The ball came to an end and I headed back to the northern palace.

"What could Lady Rashta mean by that your imperial majesty?" Darla asked me as she poured some tea.

"I don't know. But it can't be good."

"What do you mean your imperial majesty?" Mira asked as she brushed my hair. "Navier kept looking at them." I took a sip of my tea.

"Even when we arrived she kept looking at Heinrey who was talking to that Cherini girl who is Rashta's lady-in-waiting."

"Could something be happening between them your imperial majesty?" Darla asked. "Possibly. But let us not jump to conclusions. To much of that has been happening lately."