ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

Avaenará POV:
I sat in my office finishing up paperwork when a knock on the door disturbed me. "Come in." I said in a cold voice.

The door opened to reveal my secretary, Duchess Farion but I call her Mira.

"Your imperial majesty. A letter from Empress Navier of the Eastern Empire has arrived." She says.

"Read it please Mira." I smiled. She smiled back. "Very well, your imperial majesty." She went to reading the letter.

"Dear Imperial Empress Avaenará,
I would like to invite you and the imperial princess of the Northern Empire to the annual New Year's Ceremony. The celebration will be held by the Eastern Empire. We hope you both will honor us with your presence this year.

Sincerely,
Empress Navier."

Mira finished. "Shall I arrange a letter back saying you decline once more?" I usually don't travel to the other kingdoms when it comes to parties. I find it a waste of time. I usually spend it watching over the empire and my people. But this time I'm interested. I've heard rumors of the emperor of the eastern empire having a mistress. I need to see if it's true with my own eyes.

I lift my head to Mira and shook my head. "No. Quite the opposite actually. Send a letter back thanking the empress for inviting us. Say we'll arrive in a week." Mira looked a bit surprised. "Pardon?"

I stood up after completing my work. "I've decided to go this time. The rumors of this ex-slave turned mistress intrigues me." I walk over to the window in my office and look out to the city.

"Right away your imperial majesty." Mira gave a light bow to me before leaving. After I heard the door shut I let out a sigh.

I walk back to my desk and pick up a picture frame, staring into it. It was of two young girls and a boy. The boy had raven black hair, the girls, one with pearly gold hair, and the other blonde. The one with pearly gold hair seemed to be older. It was Sovieshu, Navier, and I when we were little.

"What have you little roses gotten yourselves into?"