Chapter 11

*The Next Day*
Avaenará POV:
This morning I was having breakfast with Sovieshu, Navier, and Rashta. Unfortunately Heinrey couldn't join us much to Navier's displeasure.

I was eating my pancakes while having a quiet talk with Navier on some potential trades with the empires. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Sovieshu and Rashta looking at us.

"Shouldn't you be discussing these matters with me imperial empress?" Sovieshu says making me look at him. "Last I heard the empress was handling the trade with Grand Duke Kaufman. I trust her enough to handle any trades between our empires. Beside the emperor has to many things to handle himself."

"But has been neglecting it for your dog." I muttered under my breath. Luckily Sovieshu couldn't hear it. "Imperial empress I ask you to please not jump to any conclusions." I give out a chuckle. "I could ask the same. Please don't jump to any conclusion about the empress or I not being nice to Rashta. How hypocritical of you emperor."

By this point Rashta was sobbing. She was about to open her mouth to say something but I quickly stopped her. "I do not want the rest of my day to be ruined by your nonsense mistress." I quickly stood up. "If you all excuse me I have a ball to oversee."

Before I left the dining hall I turned to Rashta. "Oh and Rashta." She looks at me. "Y-Yes your imperial majesty?" "Don't wear blue tonight." I smirk.

"It's my color."

I was walking through the garden with Suga as he had more news to tell me that he needed to tell me in person.

"The mistress has been conversing with Viscount Lotteshu a lot lately. I have also found out from one of my spies that the mistress has been giving gifts to Viscount Lotteshu." I was intrigued by this news.

"What kind of gifts?" I ask. "Gifts such as jewelry..." Suga paused. "Jewelry emperor Sovieshu has gifted her."

I look at Suga. "Why would Rashta gift Viscount Lotteshu jewelry that Sovieshu gifted her?"

"To keep her secret." My eyebrows rose. "Secret? What is the secret?" Suga hesitated. He looked around to make sure they were alone. He leaned close to my ear and whispered.

"The mistress has a child."

I stepped away with shock. "What?"

Suga nodded. "She had a child with the viscount's son. She believed the viscount killed her baby so she ran away and then the emperor found her in the forest."

"And the baby?" "Viscount Lotteshu didn't kill it, saying it was still his grandson. Although the viscount allowed her to meet her son she refused. She says she's starting a new life with the emperor."

"I see." I paused. "So the little innocent mistress is not so innocent at all. Abandoning her son. Her own flesh and blood. At least the son still has his father." I say. "This is good news. Have your spies to keep on listening to their meetings. I have a feeling this won't be the only meeting."

"Let's head back. We must get ready for the winter ball."

"As you wish your imperial majesty." Suga bowed his head. We head back inside the palace and went our separate ways.

I made it back to my chambers and shared the news with Mira and Darla. "I'm appalled your imperial majesty. The mistress has stooped low now, has she?" I nodded to Darla's question. "We must keep an eye on her now. Who knows what she could be doing while she's here."

After getting dressed I was ready for the winter ball. I was wearing a long layered light blue dress decorated in designs of silver dragons and adorned with silver charms. It wrapped around my chest before being tied at the waist with a dark blue belt. On my shoulders were two silver platforms attached to a sheered black and blue cape that went down my back. Holding on my arms and draping down my sides and back was a long light blue scarf. My hair in a simple half up-half down with a silver crown adorned on my head.