Chapter 9

Avaenará POV:
I was walking through the halls admiring the decorations Seraphina organized. They were lovely.

As I did I met up with Duke Hobi. "Your imperial majesty." He bowed. "Duke Hobi." "I have news from Duke Suga." "Do tell."

"Emperor Sovieshu is bringing his mistress." My gaze hardened. "Of course he is." I growled. "Shall we set everything up for her? So that we have the right amount for everyone?" I shook my head.

"No. I do not wish to deliver such sad news to everyone to make anything extra for someone who is not welcome. The chefs have made the right amount of food for the required amount of guests. If Rashta is still hungry she can eat off of Sovieshu's plate."

"The castle staff have prepared each table with the right, even amount of chairs, plates, cups, and silverware. If she wants to have a seat by him she can sit in the floor like the dog she is or she can stand." Hobi covered his mouth from laughing. "My apologies your imperial majesty." "Don't be. You won't be the only one laughing when she makes her presence."

*Night before the Christmas Banquet*
Since the emperor and empress of the Eastern Empire is staying in the Northern Empire I have to treat them as guests. We'll most of them.

Seraphina and I stood on the stairs as the carriages pulled in. There were two. Duke RM walked down and opened the first carriage door. First out was Sovieshu. I watched how he didn't help Navier out and went to the second carriage.

Duke RM helped Navier out and she thanked him. I turned to Soveishu and rolled my eyes seeing him help Rashta out of the carriage.

Rashta look all over the place in awe. When her gaze landed on me she giggle and ran up the steps. Once she made it close to me I saw she tried to hug me. "Your imperial majesty!" I stepped to the side, making her fall.

Everyone either gasped or quietly laughed. One being my sister. Rashta looked up and started to cry. "Rashta!" Sovieshu worriedly came over. "Oh dear. Are you okay?!"

"I-I just w-wanted t-to hug h-her imperial majesty! B-But s-she moved out o-of t-the way!" Rashta sobbed. Sovieshu looked at me with a mad face. "Imperial empress how could you?!"

I glared at Sovieshu, making him shudder in fear. "How could I? One, it's improper to run to a royal. Two, Rashta is a mistress. And three, she shouldn't be hugging anyone for that matter unless they accept it." I then turn to Rashta. "I will speak to you from up here as I do not bend to lowlifes like you. I do not accept anything from you mistress. You are in my empire now. Any wrong move from you and the emperor won't be able to save you. Keep that in mind."

With that I left with my sister and staff following me. I instructed a maid to show Navier and Soveishu their rooms. "But what about me?" I turned to Rashta who pointed at herself.

"You'll be staying in a maid's quarter. We have an extra one." "Imperial empress Rashta doesn't belong there!" Sovieshu argued. I then turn to him. "Well she certainly doesn't belong in a royal chamber either. When my father died I sent his mistresses to live in the maid's quarters as well. They didn't deserve the luxury they used to when my father lived. And neither shall she." I pointed to Rashta.

"You can either stay in the maid's quarter or in the horse stables, your choice. But if I find you in a royal chamber you will have no choice but to stay in the stables for or the rest of your stay. Am I clear?" Scared Rashta nodded. "Good. Enjoy your stay."

After leaving them I decided to have my dinner in my chambers. I also decided to invite my dukes. We haven't spent that much alone time together.

"How has your days been?" I asked them after sipping my wine. "It has been well imperial empress. Though that was until I passed the maid's quarters and heard mistress Rashta whine to the maids about her being treated like this." Duke V says.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. I will speak with the maids and apologize to them for her presence." I say.

"And you all know to call me by my name when we're alone." "Our apologies Avaenará."

The others nodded. "When shall we spread the information of the mistress Avaenará?" Hobi asked about Rashta and her secret. I smirked before sipping more of my wine.

"Soon boys. Soon."