Chapter 16

It was a month after Lebetti's debutante and the night of the New Year's Ceremony. All the guests from outside the empire arrived earlier in the week, including Sovieshu, Navier, and Rashta.

Right now Avaenará was getting ready with the help of Mira, Darla, and Pearl. She wore a royal blue traditional dress with gold charms, designs, and real peacock feathers. At the bottom of the dress we're pictures of flowers and peacocks in the mountains. On my shoulder we're shoulder pads and charms dangling on it. My hair was styled in a high half up-half down bun with a gold crescent moon headpiece with light blue jewels.

After getting dressed Avaenará made her way out of her palace with and met with her sister at the door that lead to the ball room

"Her Imperial Majesty, Imperial Empress Avaenará, with her Imperial Highness, Imperial Princess Seraphina."

The doors opened and the two royals walked down the steps.

Everyone gasped at the two. From their magnificent clothing to their regal posture. When they reached the end of the stairs everyone bowed. "The Northern Empire is honored to have the New Year's Ceremony be held here. Please enjoy the rest of your night." Everyone applauded at the short speech before turning back to their separate business.

Seraphina left to converse with her friends as Avaenará conversed with multiple royals and nobles. Soon Sovieshu, Navier, and Rashta step up.

"The emperor and empress of the Eastern Empire greets her imperial majesty." Sovieshu and Navier bow. Rashta bowed a bit but because of her belly she couldn't go far down. "I greet the emperor and empress." Avaenará says nonchalantly.

"I hope you enjoy yourself this evening." "We will!" Avaenará looked towards Rashta who has a big, annoying, and forced smile. "I hope this year her imperial majesty and I can be on the same page now."

"Your grammar has been improving I must say. But your simple etiquette still lacks." Avaenará states. Rashta frowned and was about to say something back when Sovieshu interrupted. "We will enjoy ourselves tonight your imperial majesty. Thank you. We best be going now."

Sovieshu and Rashta walked away. Avaenará looked toward Navier who watched the two walk away with a frown. "You're frowning. Are you still surprise?" Navier looked towards the imperial empress. "No but..."

Avaenará noticed her hesitation. "What's wrong? Your never hesitate on anything you're about to say?" Avaenará asked worriedly. "May I...talk to you in private?" Avaenará nodded. She led Navier to a drawing room.

"What's wrong?" Navier sighed. "I found out... that...Sovieshu wants a...divorce." Avaenará gasped. "What?!"

She couldn't believe her ears. "Pardon my outburst. What do you mean he wants a divorce?!" Navier sighed. "I overheard him in his office. He wants to divorce me to make Rashta the empress."

Avaenará was in raged. Sovieshu wants to ruin his marriage with Navier so he can marry Rashta?!

"But why does he want to marry Rashta?!" "Rashta is carrying Sovieshu's child. But his child will be seen as illegitimate and not as a prince or prince, and not as an heir to the throne; unless I adopt it." Navier explains.

"But I do not wish to adopt a child of a mother who despises me." Avaenará can understand where Navier is coming from. "Am I being selfish?" Navier asked. Avaenará shook her head. "No you're not. You have a choice if you want to adopt Rashta's child or not. While the child may be innocent now once they grow up they will know about the past you and Rashta have; and that might not be good for you."

Navier nodded. "What will you do? If you accept this divorce Sovieshu and Rashta both get what they want. But if you decline you will still have to go to court and there is a higher chance you will still have to accept it." Navier nodded. "I will accept the divorce."

"But while I may not be an empress anymore, I will become a queen."

"What?" Avaenará was confused. "What do you mean?"

"Prince-King Heinrey has asked ne to be queen of the Western Kingdom."

Avaenará was shocked. She knew Heinrey fantasied about the empress but she never knew he would want to marry her. "Is this a good idea?" "I have already agreed. Being empress was all I've ever known. Becoming queen is the closest thing to it. King Heinrey and I are coming up with a plan soon."

Avaenará sighed. "If that is what you wish, then I will support you." Navier smiled. "Thank you."

Navier and Avaenará walked back to the the ballroom. Navier left with Heinrey when he came over, so Avaenará was by herself. She watched as Sovieshu doted on Rashta and scoffed.

"Your imperial majesty?" She turned to see RM. "Is everything alright?" Avaenará sighed. "No, gather the others and meet me in my office." Without hearing a reply she left.

Avaenará entered her office she waited for her guards to arrived. A knock came to the door. "Come in." Her guards entered the office. "Your imperial majesty, you asked for us?" Avaenará looked towards her guard.

"Cancel the plan." Her guards were taken back. "Pardon your imperial majesty?" "The plan to expose Rashta, cancel it."

The seven men looked at each other. "May we ask why your imperial majesty?" Avaenará sighed. "Navier has told me Sovieshu has asked for a divorce and is going to make Rashta empress." "What?!"

"Pardon our outburst imperial empress." "Your pardoned. Navier and I believe Sovieshu is doing this so his child with Rashta can become heir to the eastern empire."

"May I ask what this has to do with the plan your imperial majesty?" Jimin asked.

"If we expose Rashta now there might not be any difference. Sovieshu might still marry her for his child to become a prince or princess since Navier will not adopt the child. And Rashta is pregnant. While I do despise her I am not a monster to harm a pregnant woman or leave a child motherless. Rashta has made multiple offenses and crimes against the eastern empire and many people, and for that she will pay. But not now. We must make a new plan."

BTS agreed. "And what of the empress?" "She has a plan for herself after the divorce. But there is someone I must speak to once the night ends."