Trans Sharpay (High School Musical)

Sharpayknew the school well. This made sense as she was the drama queen. Ifthere was a rumor about someone she would spread it. If someone diddo something she'd let it be known. She would also like to blackmail.This made her an enemy of some people in the school and others fearedher. Due to her personality she didn't have many true friends. Herbrother Ryan often tagged along with her though she made it clear shewas the boss. But behind all that ego and cruelness there was a sadchild that just wanted to be herself. Sharpay knew she was differentwhen she was little. Her twin brother was also different but not inthe same way as she was. They both liked fashion and drama but indifferent ways. Ryan liked the latest trend on boys clothes whileSharpay liked the latest trend in girls. The only problem was Sharpaywas born a boy. She envied the girls wishing she was one of them. InKindergarten she decided to tell everyone. First it was Ryan.

"Youknow how you found Ashley's skirt in my drawer?"Sharpay asked.

"Andyou told me never to tell mom or dad?" Ryan replied.

"WellI've decided I'm a girl. Now that I'll be a girl and your sister Ican wear all the skirts I want."
"Will mom and dad let you?"

"I'mgoing to tell mom and dad I'm a girl. I want you to help me and standbeside me when I tell them. I'm your sister and I need your support."

"Iguess I have no choice. You would find a way to hurt me if I didn't."

"Iwill." Sharpay replied

"Wellif it makes you happier and nicer to me then I'll help you. Justdon't make me do makeovers with you. I don't like make up."

"Ican just use dad as my make up partner. If mom and dad don't like itpromise to still call me your sister."

"Ipromise.
"By the way. My new name is Sharpay."

Sothey decided to tell their parents. Sharpay borrowed one of herfriends dresses and put on some makeup.

"Doyou really need to wear make up?" Ryan asked. "Even if you wereborn a girl mom might not let you. She would say you'll too young."

"I'mpracticing. Besides, wearing make up will make me look more like agirl."

Ryanmade his way to the living room to prepare.

"Mom,Dad there's something you need to see."

"Whatis it, dear?" Their mom asked.

Ryanpointed to the hall and Sharpay came out. Both of the parents eyeswidened and made them jump. Their father almost spit out his coffee.

"Whatare you doing wearing that!" Mom demanded.

"Mom.Dad. I- I'm a girl. I don't like being a boy and want to be a girlinstead."

"Takethat stuff off right now!" Mom spat.

"No!I'm a girl so I get to wear dresses." Sharpay pouted.

"Son.Listen to us and take that off. After that we will have a longdiscussion." Dad said calmly.

"No!I'm a girl! Girl girl girl! My name is Sharpay!"

"Takeit off." Mom said sternly. Sharpay didn't budge. Ryan cut in.

"Sharpaytold me she's a girl. I think she's right. She hates all boy thingseven boy clothes."

"Youstay out of this." Dad told Ryan.

"Isee her cry at night. Wishing she was a girl. She's afraid you willhate her if she becomes a girl."

"Theydo hate me." Sharpay looked down.

"Wedon't hate you." Mom said. "You're just confused."

"Ifyou really love me you're let me be a girl." Sharpay cried.

Afterthat they told the two kids to leave the room so they could talk.

"I'malready worried about Ryan and now our other kid wants to be a girl."Their father said. "How is it we get two kids that are like this?"

"Idon't know. I know he's always been on the girly side but I couldhave never imagined..." Their mom sighed.

"Whatshould we do?"

"Wecan't possibly let him be a girl. It will ruin our social stats."

"Butif we don't... we might lose him." They sat for a moment. It waspretty much decided that he could be their daughter now. There was noturning back.

"Let'sjust hope Ryan turns out okay." Their dad said.

Soit was decided to let Sharpay be their daughter. After talking tosome doctors and the school she was presenting herself as a girl. Astime past most kids forgot Ryan's brother existed and only rememberedSharpay. To them she was always a girl. By the time high school gotclose there was a new issue, puberty. Sharpay told her parents sheneeded blockers and hormones.

"I'm13 years old now and my body is about to change. I need these beforethat happens." Sharpay said.

"Weknow, Sharpay." Mom said. "We know what this means to you."

"It'sjust I can't let my voice go. If it drops I'll be ruined forever."

Herparents will able to get her the medicine she needed. Her body beganchanging to how she wanted it. Soon she started noticing boys.Especially Troy Bolton.

"Hey,Troy." Sharpay said. "You wanna watch my performance thisFriday?"

"Umm,maybe. I've got basketball practice so I might not." Troy replied.This annoyed Sharpay. It was always the same excuse. Her brother alsoseemed to notice boys as well.

"Youwere with me when I told you I was a girl. So I'll be with you if youare gay." Ryan was rather surprised by this.

"Thanks,sis."

Bythe end of high school she had told the whole group that she wastrans. Troy thought it was weird at first but quickly came around.Gabreilla was supportive from the start. Everyone else seemed reallysurprised about it. As high school came to a close she thankedeveryone.

"Iknow I was never the nicest person to any of you. But I can't thankyou enough for supporting me." Sharpay said. Her brother bugged herand everyone else joined in. Graduation was both a good and sad day.Her real name was called when it was her turn and she was moving onin life. On the other hand it meant saying goodbye to everyone. Shewas still ready to see where the road lead.