Trans Dexter (Dexter's Lab)

Demiwas in their laboratory working on a new machine. Demi was seen as agirl genius. She was top of her class, won science fairs, and ofcourse had a secret lab. Though she often felt something was wrongwith her. She liked being called a genius but not a girl genius. Itjust felt wrong and she couldn't explain why. She was rather theopposite of her sister Dee-Dee. Demi liked more manly things. Thoughshe didn't care for sports but still liked most rough type of stuff.Demi finished the last touches of the machine.

"Finally!My greatest work is completed!" Demi shouted looking at themachine. "With this device I will be able to control the weather.According to the Farmer's Almanic winter will be especially harshthis year. That means an increase in the amount of snowfall on theground which could close down school. But with this device I canprevent that from happening. No snow. No ice. Just plain old nothing.That way I'll never have to miss a day of school again due toinconvenient weather." Demi said proudly.

"ButDemi." The Computer cut in. "Don't you just make up snowdays inthe summer?"

"Yes.We do. But that will cut into my summer schedule on which I have muchplanned and to do. I can't let bad weather interrupt on that."

AsDemi was about to turn it on a loud annoying voice runt into her ear.

"HIDEMI!" The voice said loudly. Demi fell over thinking her ear wasabout to pop. When she looked up she saw her big sister Dee Dee. Nowshe wished her eardrums did brake.

"Howare you doing?"

DeeDee asked.

"DeeDee? How many times have I told you to stay out of my laboratory!"

"Ohh.What does this button do?" Dee Dee looked at a bright red buttonand was about to press it.

"No!"Dee Dee pressed the button. At first nothing happened. But then themachine started rumbling and making loud sounds.

"Takecover!" Demi ducked behind some other equipment but Dee Dee stayed.Demi ran up and grabbed her and went back just before the machineexploded. Smoke filled the roof and Dexter turned on some fans andopened the roof to let it out.

"Mygreatest invention...gone. Why Dee Dee why?"

"Iwasted to ask you if you want to play dolls with me."

"No"Demi said fast.

"Comeon! Why not?"
"Because I hate that girly game. Just as much asI hate playing dress up or any other girly game you like." Demipouted.

"Youknow Demi sometimes you seem more like a boy than a girl."

Thatmade Demi think. Dee Dee had a point there. She was more like a boy.She hated Dee Dee's girly activities preferring more boyish games.She even envied boys at times. Dee Dee didn't just have a point. Shewas right.

"DeeDee. Can I ask you a question?"

"It'snot homework is it. You know I'm not good at math or science junk.

"Nono. Do you think I would make a good brother?" Dee Dee was silent amoment.

"Ofcourse. You would just be my geeky brother rather than my sister.Why?"

"I...Iwanna be your brother. I think I'm really a boy. Whenever I look atmyself I get depressed. I knew something was wrong for a while but Icouldn't figure it out, until now. I don't think I can go on likethis. I think..."

"Demi.Follow me." Dee Dee cut in.

"Why?"

"Justfollow me." They both went into Dee Dee's room where she had hersit down. Demi hated Dee Dee's room. It was just so pink. Thereshould be a law against rooms that bright.

"Whatare you doing?" Demi asked.

"I'mgoing to give you a makeover."

"What?!Did you not hear what I just said. I don't want a makeover!"

"Justtrust me." Demi relaxed as Dee Dee got out a pair of scissors. Demisat there and watched. "Just sit there and stay calm." Dee Deestarted using the scissors on Demis hair. It actually looked like DeeDee knew what she was doing. She wasn't rushing and was beingcareful. After what seemed a while she stopped. She looked at Demiand smiled.

"Whatdid you do?" Demi asked.

"Whatyou wanted." Dee Dee said. She got a hand mirror and showed Demiher head. Demi gasped at the image. Her hair was short now. It wasrather nice-looking. It was still curly too. Demi just started formoments.

"DeeDee I I I don't know what to say but... thank you." He hugged hersomething he usually never does.

"IfI'm going to have a brother you need to look like my brother. Ofcourse Demi isn't a good name for a boy. Do you have one?"

"WellI always liked the name Dexter." Yes, that sounded right. Dexter.It felt right too.

"Comeon, Dexter. Let's go show mom and dad."

"Won'tthey be mad?"

"Theymight be shocked the first but they love you. Let's go." Dexterfollowed Dee Dee. She was right. His parents would help. His dadalways wanted a son anyway. Even though he hated sports he wouldn'tmind playing catch with his dad. He was no longer Demi girl genius.He was Dexter boy genius.