Trans Little Red Haired Girl (Peanuts)

Goodol Charlie Brown was heading to school like any other day. Whilepassing by Lucy was on the field with a football.

"HeyCharlie Brown wanna kick the football?" She asked.

"No!You're just gonna move it out of the way and I'll fall over."

"Whydo you think that?"

"Becauseyou always do that!"

"Allright. I'll pinky swear I won't do it." She hung out one of herhands with her pinky extended. Charlie looked at her a moment beforesighing.

"Allright. I guess if you pinky swear." Charlie got several feet awayfrom the ball and Lucy put it in place. He than ran and lifted hisleg to kick... only to miss as Lucy pulled it away and he fell over.Lucy laughed.

"Youpromised you wouldn't pull it away!" Charlie said annoyed.

"Ihad my fingers crossed on my other hand. Oh Charlie, you blockhead."She laughed again as she went inside. Charlie sighed as he went into.

"Youneed to stop falling for that." Linus told him.

"Forthe trick or actually falling?"

"Both."

Charlieheaded for class and took his seat. Like any other school day theteacher would bore the class by saying "blah blah blah". Why weregrown ups so boring? The teacher came in and got in front of theclass.

"Okayclass take your seats. I have some special news today. We are goingto have a new student." Everyone started talking. "I want you togive a warm welcome to Heather Little

"Oh,man. Another girl." Schroeder rolled his eyes.

"Yeah."Pig-pen replied.

Charliedidn't know what to say at first. But then the girl came into theclass and he saw her. Now he REALLY didn't know what to say. The girlhad red hair. Red hair that went down to her shoulders. She had on agreen dress and white shoes. She also had a matching green bow in herhair. She was the prettiest girl Charlie had ever seen.

"Whydon't you tell us a little about yourself, Heather?" The teacherasked. Heather nodded.

"WellI'm Heather. My family moved here because off my dad's job. I have acat named Coco. I like to sew, play with my dolls, and play outside.I'm also and only child and hope to make some friends soon."Heather stopped.

"Anythingelse, Heather?" Heather shook her head nervously.

"Allright then. Take your seat." Heather nodded and took her seat at anempty desk. Charlie kept staring at her. If there was proof thatangels existed then one was sitting right there. She was twirling herhair in her fingers. Charlie wondered what she was thinking about.Maybe she was worried she wouldn't make any friends.

"CharlieBrown!" The teacher boomed.

"HUH?"Charlie shook.

"Isthere something you would like to ask Heather. You were staring ather." Heather looked over at him confused while the other kidslaughed.

"No.Sorry, Ma'am."

"Thanpay attention. Now as I was saying Bugs Bunny could have easilykilled Elmer but chose not to."

Afterschool Charlie followed Heather down the street. She didn't talk toanyone throughout the day. Charlie tried to but always got nervous.Some of the other kids found her odd which won't help her make anyfriends. Charlie was following her without realizing it now. What hewas doing? Following her like a lost dog.

"Arf!"

Speakof the devil. It seems his own dog Snoopy was following him. Snoopywas looking at him.

"Don'tscare me like that!" Charlie said quietly. "And not so loud,okay." Snoopy raised an eyebrow. He looked at Heather and back athim.

"It'snot what it looks like okay. I was following her because..... in caseshe ever forgets something or is sick from school I know where shelives so I can give her her stuff." Charlie lied. Snoopy looked athim doubtful.

"GoodGrief. Okay. She's a new girl in my class and I wanted to say hi. Hername is....Her name is..... Oh no I forgot her name. It was Littlesomething. " Charlie looked over and saw she was gone. "Now she'sgone. Might as well go home." Snoopy rolled his eyes. He then tookCharlie by the hand and dragged him following the girl by smell.

AtHeathers house Heather was playing with some dolls when her momentered.

"Heathersweetie your new friends are here to visit you."

"Huh?"Heather asked.

"I'mso proud of you. Already making friends. I told you to just beyourself." She left which left Heather confused. Than a boy and adog entered the room.

"Ican't stand it! We can still turn back, Snoopy! It's not too late wejust have to exit before..." Charlie looked at the girl in front ofhim. He turned red and fell over.

"Umm.Hi."

"Hello."Heather said quietly.

"You'reprob-probably wondering what I'm do-doing here. Wel, well I noticedyou looked ner-nervous at school and wanted to he-help. Maybe you-youand I could be fr-fri -friends." Charlie was sweating. Heatherlooked shocked.

"Youwanna be my friend? Charlie nodded "No one ever wants to be myfriend." Charlie looked confused.

"Why."

"Ican't say. Because you wouldn't want to be my friend.

"Ofcourse I would."

"Notafter you found out about me."

"Heather."Charlie remembered her name. "You don't have to be scared.Sometimes I have trouble making friends. People call me "blockhead"and think I'm a loser at times. Sometimes kids will laugh at yourmisfortune. I know what that's like more than anyone. But there'salso times when they will always have your back. No matter now muchyou mess up or are in the dumps they will be there for you. That'swhat my friends are like. I couldn't asked for a better group thanthem. I'll always have your back no matter what. We all know whatit's like to be a target. And if you're ever one than I'll take someof the bullets for you. That's what friends do. I hope we can becomefriends too." Charlie was about to leave when Heather stopped him.

"Wait!Do you mean all that?" Charlie nodded.

"Really?"

"Withall my heart." Heather was quiet a moment before speaking.

"Thereason I didn't want to make any friends was because I didn't haveany in my old school. Some of them used to be until I changed."Heather went over to her desk and took out something. She walked overto Charlie and showed him a photograph of a class. It had a group ofkids on it. "You see that boy standing right here." She pointedto a red-haired boy in the photo. Charlie nodded. "Tha- Thats me."They were both silent. Charlie looked very surprised.

"Youmean you're a boy?"

"No.I'm a girl." Heather said firmly. "Though people didn't think sofor a while. Even my mom and dad thought I was a boy. But I never wasand never will be. My mom and dad helped me when I told them I was agirl. My mom even helped me with my name. I was happy to finally be agirl. But then the other kids didn't want to be my friend anymore."She showed another photo. This time Heather had longer hair and adress. Some of the kids were distanced from her. I got to be a girlbut at a cost. I've never been to a slumber party or anything likethat. Some of the kids said I was just a boy in a dress. I almostbelieved them and and wanted to go back but mom said I'm a girl nomatter what. I didn't want that to happen again. I just want to beseen as a girl. As Heather." Heather cried a little. Charlie tookher hands and looked in her eyes.

"Thatwon't happen. The kids I know can be jerks at times but they do havehearts. They will know you're a girl. And if they don't then they arethe real blockheads. I'll be with you when you tell them because I'mgood old Charlie Brown." Heather wiped her tears.

"Youmean it?" Charlie nodded "Thank you Charlie Brown. I'm happy thatyou're my friend.

"Metoo."

"Bythe way what's your dogs name?

"Snoopy."Snoopy licked Charlie in the face as a way to "reward him"."AAUUGH! Snoopy! Good Grief!" Heather giggled as the two left.