"What's wrong?" Jimin asks, his voice trembling for a beat.

Namjoon sighs, pointing to the panel Jungkook was tapping on. "The escape pods need to be manually jettisoned. The systems are malfunctioning, some of them are still offline from the broadcast. I guess this is one of them." Jimin trembles for a moment, but quickly makes his decision.

"I'll go activate them," he says.

Namjoon steps in within the blink of an eye. "No, it's too dangerous. I will."

Jimin disagrees, brushing Namjoon off. "Guide them to safety through the floorboards. It was my plan: I'll see it through."

Before Namjoon can reply, Y/N steps between them. "We don't have time to argue. Take the others through the floorboards, Jimin and I will go eject the pods."

Jimin's eyes widen. "Y/N no-"

"You need backup, you can't do it alone. Plus, there's two escape pods and those things take time to manually eject." Jimin is about to protest when Y/N walks past him and goes down to the bay.

Namjoon points at Jimin as if threatening him. "I better see you on the other side of the ship."

Jimin gives his Captain a nod. "You will." Namjoon claps his hand on the Engineer's shoulder before turning back to the others. As soon as that happens, Jimin races after Y/N right when the door makes another spark. They only have another minute before they're through. Jimin goes down the hallway and approaches Y/N's side. "You shouldn't be doing this, you're still injured."

Y/N shakes her head. "You really think I'd let you do this alone?" He's caught off guard by her comment. She's doing this... for him? "I couldn't let you go. I'd be too worried," she adds as they approach the escape pods.

There's a loud bang, and in that moment, he knows that whoever is boarding has arrived. "Shit, hurry," Y/N mutters, which Jimin agrees to, running up to the nearest pod as Y/N goes to the next one down. Jimin doesn't recognize many of the controls. He gulps as he taps them, trying to find the eject. The doors close to Y/N's, and she taps away with a sense of familiarity. Jimin feels moisture cover his face. He presses the lock button, which brings his door down. He's not entirely sure where to go from there. He plays with the buttons for a few more seconds before Y/N's launches off. She turns to him, and he gives her wide eyes.

She walks over and taps three buttons, bringing him to a launch button. He presses it, and it jettisons off into space. "Wow," he whispers.

"I set them to fly towards Neptune until they run out of fuel. Good thing I came along, huh?" she says, but her smile quickly falters at the sounds of heavy footsteps approaching. She pants and sweats, and Jimin grabs her arm and brings her to the side. There are storage closets near escape pods due to protocol. He finds the closest one and brings her inside, closing and locking the door.

The closet is a lot smaller than expected, but enough that they can get some space. Footsteps are heard outside, but they slow down, presumably so they can investigate the room. A few curses are heard, and soon enough, a man's voice rings out. "They must have been in those escape pods. Track the trajectory and follow them. Search the ship for their security camera footage and search their belongings." Y/N's eyes fill with dread, and even in the very dim lighting, Jimin can see her staring at him.

His back is against the wall, but that doesn't stop Y/N from closing the gap between them. She leans up against him, her hands trailing to his back. He lets out a gasp at her warmth. She slightly tilts her head up, her breath hitting his chin. The sensation sends goosebumps down his body. He wraps his arms around her form and brings her closer, letting his eyes softly shut as he rests his head on top of hers.