[13] •To Starflies And Sunsets• [13]

"𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛
𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠"

"𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠"

𝗔 𝗔 𝗡 𝗬 𝗔

It was a new day that started with new hope for him. He had been doing the job, finishing his degree and trying to give her the time and attention she craved for at the same time. Fate being on his side, he was selected for the basketball team which was lead by Neil.

Aanya used to spend most of her day in the parks, hanging out with Neil at times. Not because she wanted to but because he wanted to.

When Siddharth would return, she would either be sleeping or studying and rarely doing the dishes but he was happy with the little progress she made. She used to talk to him everyday about how her day went, how she messed up and all. Luckily, she started being kind to him over a past few days.

They would talk, watch movies and fight with each other over silly topics like their favourites without any sign of bitterness. But she would never go out with him or talk to him in front of anyone.

The only part that kept hurting him was her growing affection and fondness towards Neil. Inferiority complex forming inside him made him feel Neil was better than him in every term. Neil lead the basketball team, he was rich and he had good looks as per the voices in his head.

"And then I told her that she was a stinking and needed a shower. The strawberry shake that I poured over her, that was epic. Her boyfriend was like what?!" She laughed and rested her arms on his thighs while he was oiling her head and giving her a head massage. "Did you ever have a girlfriend?"

"Nope" he admitted and she was rather surprised at this truth.

"Why? I mean, look at yourself. Any girl would go flat at you. I can't trust you didn't have one" he couldn't help but smile at her statement.

"Did you have a boyfriend?" He asked anxiously. The way she was, he thought that she must be having someone.

"You see, I am a 'one-man-woman' So basically I didn't find anyone. My father used to tell me that breakups hurt and that you must be all time loyal to the one whom you would marry. So better find a single man who is perfect for you" that was her indirect way of telling him no matter how sad she was with her father's decision, she would stay with him and give this marriage a chance.

By when?

"Hey, that side near my neck is dry. Where is the oil?" She tilted her head and pointed at a spot. When be applied the oil there and started the massage started again. "And yup, that's the only reason I did not divorce you. I am stuck with you, thinking of giving you a chance I guess. And this dosen't mean that you have any chance right now with me"

He smiled at her frown and rubbed her hairs in haste. "I see that" He smiled as she had accidently spoken about being loyal to her husband who was him.

"You know the teachers suck. Especially of the subject known as 'Management'" she exclaimed closing Management in air quotes.