Chapter 1 [Introductions]

Todays the day. My first day at my new school. Hawkins High. I only know one person in town, and that's my cousin Dustin. We never came to visit because of how far apart we all were. I grew up in Utah, so coming here is definitely a big difference. The only reason we moved here is because my parents got divorced, my mom leaving me and my dad with nothing, so we moved here to be closer to family and just because it's cheaper. We live in the shitty trailer park not to far from the school (thank god). Honestly nothing around here is fun. The only fun I've had so far is driving around to see where everything is.

     I wake up to my alarm blaring into my ear. 6:15. Just enough time to hop in the shower, pick out something to wear, do my makeup, and get going. I roll out of bed and pick something out to wear, a metallica t-shirt with the neck cut out, some black ripped jeans, and my worn out converse. I lay everything on my bed as I get ready to get in the shower. "Shit" I say as I realize the doors locked. I bang on the door to let my dad know that I need in. After 10 minutes he finally comes out, looking like he had just went through hell and back. I jump in the shower really quick and do my hair, heading into my bedroom I see someone sitting on the bed. "DUSINNNN" I yell jumping back. "Y/N, why haven't you come to see me yet? It's been almost a week!" he exclaims. "I've been busy fining everything around here, and trying to find a job dusty- bun" "Never call me that again" he says in a serious tone of voice. To be honest I just do it to piss him off, because I know only his "girlfriend" can call him that. "Get out of my room so i can change" I say to his as i lift him off my bed by the back of the shirt he has on. "Fineeee" he says whining. "Hey y/n... can you take me to school? I walked over here and I don't really want to walk to school.." he asks me as I'm almost done getting dressed. "Of course Dustin! I wouldn't want you to get kidnapped on your way to school"

**Time skip to 4th period**
     It was almost lunch and you couldn't wait, you hadn't had anything for breakfast so your stomach was growling really loud. "Finally, lunch" you say as the bell rings. You find Dustin in the hallway running up behind him scaring him just like he did with you this morning. "Y/N" he yells. "Paybacks a bitch huh" you say referring to this morning. He's walking with a boy with somewhat long black hair and they both have the same shirt on saying "Hellfire Club". You learn that this boys name is Mike Wheeler and that him and Dustin have been friends forever. "What's up with the shirt weirdos?" you ask them while walking into the cafeteria. "Oh it's our D&D clubs name" Mike says looking over at their table. "Come sit at our table with us" they both say in unison. Not having anyone else to sit with you agree. Sitting down next to Dustin, you're closest to the end of the table where you can see someone behind a magazine, but still not knowing what he looks like. It seems like he's reading something to the group but you can't tell about what. "And even MURDERR" the man says slamming the magazine down on the table. He looks to Dustin and you "so who's the pretty lady kid?" he asks pointing at me. "Oh. Eddie, This is y/n. The one I've been telling you about" Eddie gave Dustin a very confused look. "My cousin" he says picking up on Eddie's confusion. "Well hello darling" he says picking up your hand and kissing the back of it. You turn away as you can feel your face already getting red. "Am I already falling for him?" you ask yourself. "No, there's no way." you accidentally say under your breath, but just enough for Eddie to hear. "There's no way for what sweetheart?" Eddie asks you slightly rubbing his thumb on your hand. "Oh it's nothing, just thinking about something" you say to him with a reassuring smile. "Alright, well let me know if you need anything princess" he says. Dustin picks up in that last word and turns to Eddie once again "ew dude, that's my cousin" he says. "So what? She's pretty and you know I can always treat women right" winking at Dustin. You get up as the bell rings for your next class. "Great, algebra" you say getting out of your seat. "Really? I have that same class" Eddie says smiling at you while snatching your class schedule out of your hands. You smile back at him knowing that this will be funny. You and Eddie head to your next class together. He offered to carry your books but you politely declined, as you didn't have that many things in your hands.

**Time skip to the end of the day**
     Dustin and Mike came running up to you while you were walking back to your car. "Y/N" they both yell, making you turn around. "Eddie wants you to come to our campaign tonight, you don't even have to do anything, you can just sit around and watch us play if you want" Mike says out of breath from running so fast. Not having anything better to do for the rest of the day, you agreed and followed them back into the school. As you walk into the AV room Eddie immediately sets his eyes on you, looking you up and down while smiling. You blush at the sight as you walk towards the seat eddie pulled up next to him. He pats the seat as a sign for you to sit down, you do exactly so. Everyone's eyes are on you and Eddie. One of the boys looks at Eddie "Why is she here? Hellfire members only" he asks. Eddie stands up and slams his hands on the table "I wanted her to come, she's going to sit there and watch us play, or do whatever she pleases" defending you. You look down and blush at the sight of him defending you like that, even when you barley know him. They finally get started and you sit there watching. After a while you hear a voice say "Y/n, you wanna roll for me?" Mike asks. You agree and he hands you the D20. You roll, landing a 20. They all yell in excitement as they had just won the game. Eddie looks over at you smiling, but no one can see because he's hiding behind his book. Je looks back up at everyone and reminds them "Same time tomorrow ladies." He looks at you "You want to come again tomorrow y/n?" He's giving you those puppy dog eyes, you can't ever resist them. "His eyes are so beautiful" you think to yourself. "I'd love to" you say smiling at Eddie while getting up and walking with Dustin and Mike out to your car. you drive them home and then drive yourself home, completely crashing from the long day you had.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/n: Hey! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!! Please give feedback because this is my first book!! I will try and update every day!!

1,226 words