Vecna's curse (tw minor mention of self h*rm)

I had woken up to hear the trees bristling softly in the breeze, Eddie was crouched against the rock with his head in his hands, "did I fall asleep?" I asked, "yeah, but don't worry.. you needed it" he assured me, and took my hand, leading me to the building site, which was packed with workers, eventually one of them left their radio outside while they went into a portaloo, I watched from the woods as Eddie tactfully grabbed it and ran back to me, we walked back to skull rock now with relief that we at least have a radio and immediately sat down, "Dustin? Can you hear me? Wheeler?" Said Eddie into the radio, Dustin picked up this time, "Eddie. Holy shit are you okay?" He asked, Eddie grabbed the air with relief for a few seconds, now rubbing his tired eyes and shaking his head, "nah, man. Pretty...pretty goddamn far from okay" he joked, the radio beeped again, "where are you?" Dustin asked, "skull rock. Do you know it?" Eddie asked desperately, "uh yeah that's near Cornwallis and - Garrett, yeah. I know where that is" Dustin said as Steve interrupted, "hold tight. We're coming, we're coming" Dustin replied, Eddie nodded his head as his face cringed with relief and anxiety, putting the radio down and relaxing his body while he looked up into the air, I sighed with relief with him.. until I saw a large grandfather clock buried within a large oak tree, I squinted my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, shutting them and opening them again, I could hear the clock ticking quite loudly and after opening my eyes an infestation of black widow spiders punctured the clock face and began quickly crawling out, I gasped and Eddie took my hand, "you okay?" He asked, I looked at him with confusion and looked back at the tree, to which the grandfather clock has disappeared completely and the spiders were nowhere to be seen, I assumed I was just tired and paranoid and had daydreamed too vividly, "yeah..yeah, I'm just scared I think" I replied, "me too, but they're coming" he reassured me, gripping my hand tightly.

We waited for a few more minutes and decided to explore the place as a distraction, I could do with stretching my legs to relive all the tension.
I climbed up in the rock to view the forest when I heard the familiar voice of Steve Harrington boasting about finding skull rock, "oh boom! Bada bing bada boom. There she is Henderson, skull rock! In your face, man. in your stupid, cocky little face", "doesn't make sense", Dustin replied, Steve continued boasting, "yeah yeah, even with it staring you in the face, you can't admit it, you just can't admit that you're wrong, you little butthead" I heard Eddie suddenly jump down from a tree, "I concur..you, Dustin Henderson are a total butthead", I smiled with relief as I climbed down from the rock and appeared behind Dustin and Steve, edging closer to the group, Robin saw me, "y/n!" and ran to me bringing me into a hug, "are you okay?" She asked, "yeah.. tired and scared to death.. but apart from that, yeah I'm fine".

I stood around with the group as they asked Eddie if he saw the attack and the time etc, but I heard the ticking sound from earlier, I turned around to see another grandfather clock when everything went dark, I turned to the group but I was now completely alone in the woods now.. did I pass out and enter a nightmare? I looked around and screamed for Eddie and Robin, but they were gone.. I ran  around to try and find them but suddenly entered a classroom? My wrists started to hurt like they did in tenth grade after a bad night, I started hyperventilating as I felt my back get kicked hard by a pair of hard Nikes and fell to the ground, I scrambled around on the floor to see Jason stood above me, taunting me.. dumping the contents of my backpack on top of me and chucking it at me, "send a postcard next time you trip, freak!" He taunted, while others began to gather around me, pointing and laughing when suddenly I felt clumps of my hair being pulled from behind me and I soon realised I was now being dragged out of the classroom and through the hallway, I kicked my legs hard in an attempt to escape the clutches of my bullies through the hall which was now soaked with blood again like my nightmare, I turned a corner and my body smacked the doorframe when I was pushed into the corner of the girls toilets where I used to get attacked every morning break by Julia Reynolds.. that fucking bitch.
I cried for help, "Eddie! Please help! Robin! Max! help!" I screamed and cried while crumpled in the corner as I was viciously kicked, now with tampons and soggy balls of loo roll being thrown at me by the populars..the pain was too much to bear as I cried and screamed harder and louder, "Eddie! Robin! PLEASE STOP PLEASE!"
I protected my head with my arms until the kicking eventually stopped, I looked up to see the same Alien I saw in my dreams appearing from behind a toilet cubicle, I tried to stand up even though i was in so much pain already and yelled, "I'm not fucking scared of you!" Even though I was deathly afraid of him, "y/n...your suffering is almost at an end.. join me" he demanded with that awful growl, "no!" I screamed.. then all of a sudden I heard a familiar song playing from a distance, It was Holy Diver by Dio, Eddie's favourite band..the Alien appeared confused but stared at me hard, "they can't save you, only I can now" he snarled at me as he reached his claw out and held it over my head, "no!" I screamed with anger, quickly ducking from beneath him and escaping the bathroom, I turned a corner to see what looked like a circular window? Or a mural against the wall? Where I was pictured levitating in the air as Eddie and the group remained on the ground screaming for me to come back, everyone was panicking and max's' head set and cassette player rested on my ears and in my cargo pants, I felt a surge of energy and desperation fuel my body as I sprinted towards it.. I instantly recognised that my position was the same as Patrick's before he brutally died, I ran and ran through the blood soaked corridor eventually jumping through it...

I woke up mid air and immediately fell to the ground, the music continued blasting through the headphones almost deafening me, Eddie grabbed my body and I clutched his arms so tightly my fingers could have dropped off, "I'm back I'm back!" I whimpered in shock and horror..
Steve, Nancy and Robin looked horrified, Nancy looked like she was going to be sick and Dustin stood gobsmacked and hyperventilating, I shook the headphones off and heard Eddie weeping, "y/n I thought I lost you! I thought I lost you!" He cried while I panted, "I'm here! I'm here! I'm sorry!" I screamed as Tears now streamed down my face, "you're back! You're safe! We're here!" Robin screamed, now crouched next to me.

I cried in Eddie's arms for a few more minutes while the group began to sit down in shock, I looked at max and down at her headset, "Thankyou!" I cried, she crouched down and held my hand as Eddie rocked me back and forward, "it was Eddie" max whispered, "Eddie had your song" Robin added, I tried to sit up so I could be fully embraced by Eddie's clutch, "I love you so much I'm so sorry" I whined, "scared me to death man, I thought you were a goner" Eddie cried, I tried to wipe his tears but they kept reappearing, "yeah..Eddie saved you, man" Steve said, I was still panting but now sat up so I could breathe better, still in Eddie's arms I managed to calm down, "I was so scared, that was so scary" I said, "that was Vecna" said Dustin, I looked up at him, "Vecna? So he's the one that's been doing these murders?" I asked, "yeah" said max, "He almost got me yesterday too.. but I survived because of this" she said, motioning to the Walkman, "but we wouldn't have known how to stop him if it weren't for Robin and Nancy" she added, "Thankyou, everyone" I cried, "I thought I was gonna die" I said, "so did we" sighed Lucas, his body trembling and his shaking hands holding his head.

We sat a for a few more moments as we all calmed down, eventually Robin stood up and offered me a hand, Eddie helped me up and balanced me while my legs felt like jelly, Eddie took hold of both of my hands now, we faced each other as he held me up, his eyes remained teary, I could hear dustin pacing, "he isn't cursed now is he?" I whispered, "cursed? no no. He's fine, mental? Absolutely" Steve answered, "BOOM!" Dustin screamed, I jumped and let out a small howl, Eddie turned to me and laughed a little then pulled me closer so we hugged, "bada bada boom!" Dustin continued, "I was right! Skull rock was north", dustin gloated, "seriously? You're serious? Said Steve, "this is Skull rock okay, you're totally, absolutely 100% wrong right now" Steve continued, "yeah" Dustin replied, "and.. no", I shot a confused look at him, "oh my god" Steve sighed, "this compass worked correctly when we left the wheelers, it was correct when we got in the car on kerley but it started to slip the further east we went, now it's way off! When I was leading us here, I wasn't wrong.. the compass was" dustin explained, Steve appeared agitated, "so you're using faulty equipment Dude, You're still wrong" he replied, "except it isn't faulty, Lucas do you remember what can affect a compass?", dustin asked, "An electromagnetic field" he replied, Robin looked as equally confused as me by this point, "sorry I must have skipped that class" she said, Dustin stood more confidently now, "in the presence of a stronger electromagnetic field the needle will deflect towards that power, so either there's some super big magnet around here, or"- "there's a gate" Lucas interrupted, Nancy looked at dustin, "but we're nowhere near the lab" she replied, Dustin explained further, "but what if, somehow there's another gate, a gate that we don't know about.. it'd have to be smaller, way less powerful" he explained, "A snack-size gate?" Robin suggested, "how? Why?" Asked Steve, Dustin squared up again, "no idea, all I know is that something is causing this disturbance and the last time we've seen anything like it, it was a gate and I hope it is.. because then we'd have a way to vecna, and a shot at freeing y/n and max from this curse" Dustin immediately turned around and started heading for the lake, "where are you going? Hey hey hey Eddie's still a wanted man we can't just go for a hike in the woods" he explained, "this little steel capsule might be the key to saving Y/n, Max and Eddie, what say you? Eddie the banished?" The entire group turned to us still in an embrace, Eddie lifted his body to reply, "I say you're asking me to follow you into Mordor, which, if I'm totally straight with you. I think is a really bad idea.. but uh, the shire...the shire is burning" he replied, dustin was now jumping up and down enthusiastically, "So Mordor it is" Eddie finished, now taking me by the hand and leading me with Dustin as everyone followed behind.