Reefer Rick

I parked outside of Robins work, upon walking in I saw Steve "the hair" Harrington, who looked somewhat surprised when he saw and my my mascara tears, "woah.. Robin!" He yelled behind him in a panic, Robin emerged from the back room and her face dropped. Immediately she left the booth and embraced me while I cried into her shoulder, "can anyone tell me exactly what's happening here? Who is she? Is she okay?...Hey Robin?" Steve said and clicked at Robin in confusion as She took me behind the booth and gave me tissues, "here it's okay, we saw the news.. what happened?" She asked me as I sat down, Steve still looked as clueless as ever, I stared in front of me again, "well.. they think Eddie.." I looked down onto the floor through my legs, and took a deep breath, "they think Eddie...killed someone" My voice wobbled and robins jaw dropped, Steve ran his hand through his hair as his eyes widened with shock, the shop door's bell rang, Steve turned in a panic, but instead of two customers stood Dustin and max..

"Hey, steve how many phones do you have?"Dustin said abruptly, Steve's face remained shocked, "somebody was murdered" he said while motioning to the tv in the corner, but Dustin persisted, "how many phones do you have?, Robin and Steve looked at each other, "two. Why?" Steve said, "technically three if you count Keith's in the back" Robin added pointing to the back, all of a sudden Dustin launched his backpack over the booth, then hopped over the desk, "what are you- woah woah! N-n-no my tapes!" Screamed Steve, "dude!" He continued, with his hands now in the air, I couldn't help but allow this to cheer me up slightly and I let out a small giggle, "what are you doing man?" Asked Steve, "setting up a base of operations" Dustin replied, as if it were obvious while Robin picked up the tapes and put them back on the desk in order, "get off that" steve said, "no I need it" said Dustin, "for what? Asked Steve, "Eddie's friends phone numbers" dustin said, everyone was too busy to notice or remember I was there as while they argued among each other, "can you fill them in while I do this?" Asked dustin, I turned and focused on max and Robin who were now looking more concerned.

Dustin had eventually found Eddie's friends phone numbers, as well as using my own landline which I willingly gave even though I knew Gareth Hadn't heard from Eddie yet anyway, when all of a sudden max said the name of a supplier who gave me a bag of special k at a party two years ago. Reefer Rick.

"Reefer Rick? No. Does this reefer Rick have a last name?" Said max over the phone, I peeked up from my seat hoping to get the opportunity to let them know I recognised him, "hey guys, I might have a lead" said max as she put down the phone, "seriously?" said Dustin, max continued, "yeah, apparently Eddie gets his drugs from some guy called Reefer Rick and sometimes Eddie crashes there" she said, I interrupted "wait I recognise him..we dealed like two years ago", Robin turned to me, "did you go to his house?" She asked, "no.. it was at some party" I sighed, "but that sounds promising, Robin reassured, "did they say where this Rick guy lives?" She asked, max sighed, "see, that's the thing. No one knows, he's more of a ... a legend than someone that people actually know" she added, "what about a last name?" Asked Dustin, "I don't know that either" max replied, but Steve interrupted, "Bet the cops know a last name, I mean if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point- means he's in the system" Steve said, "the cops?" I sighed, everyone turned to me, but Dustin continued, "really, Steve? That's your suggestion?" He said, "I think they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on" Steve replied, I collapsed my face into my hands, 'he thinks he's guilty' I thought to myself, "You think Eddie's guilty, don't you?" Dustin said, taking the words right out my mouth, my eyes widened as I stared at Steve, "woah, I believe in innocent until proven guilty and all that constitutional shit, but just you know.. I don't think we can rule it out" but max interrupted, "that's precisely what we're trying to do here Steve" as she motioned to me, say sulking in a chair, I continued staring into space and contemplating if this was all a dream or not when Robin turned to the computer and began searching for all the Ricks in the shop system, I stood up and gathered myself In front of the computer as did the others while Robin narrowed down her search with movie titles, eventually she found Rick Lipton's address.. 2121 Holland Road, "hey that's out by lovers lake" said Steve, "in the middle of nowhere" Maxine replied, "the perfect place to hide" Robin remarked.

We immediately left as Robin and Steve closed the store, eventually we arrived at ricks address, I don't even believe in a god but I found myself praying hard to every religion I could think of in the car as I clutched my hands tight, we parked up and left to find Eddie.
Dustin began ringing his doorbell, "Eddie! It's Dustin! We just wanna talk okay!" He shouted while ringing the doorbell profusely, "no cops, I swear we just wanna help" he screamed whike banging on ricks door, I searched the inside of his windows with my torch as max found the boathouse, "hey guys!" She shouted, we all turns to her as max shone her torch at the boathouse, which was lit by a small porch light.

We entered the boathouse, "hello? Is anyone home?" Asked Robin whike we piled into the room, "what a dump" said Steve, I didn't know why but some aspects of Steve really pissed me off, "no shit Harrington it's a boathouse" I shot back, he scoffed while taking an oar from the wall and began poking at the tarp on the boat, Dustin flinched hard, "what are you doing?" He asked, "he might be in here" Steve replied, Dustin looked dumbfounded, "so take the tarp off!" He whispered loudly, Steven motioned to the boat, "if you're so brave, you take the tarp off!" He argued back, continuing to poke at the tarp with a large oar.

I observed the boat and the shelves when Max found a clue, "hey, look over here" me and Robin gathered around a small table covered in empty beer bottles and playing cards, in my heart I knew this was Eddie, "maybe he heard us. Got spooked and ran" said Robin, I sighed out of desperation, and not the good kind this time, suddenly Dustin perked up, "don't worry. Steve will get him with his oar", Steve continued prodding at the tarp with his oar, "I know you think you're being funny, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight- suddenly Eddie jumped from under the tarp, screaming and slammed Steve up against the wall, holding a broken beer bottle against his neck out of fear, "woah! woah! Eddie! Eddie! Stop! Eddie! It's me! It's Dustin! This is Steve...he's not gonna hurt you, right, steve?" Dustin screamed while I was frozen in fear across the room, "steve why don't you drop the oar?" Dustin said while I freed myself from my own fear and edged my way across the room next to Robin and max, I heard the oar thud on the floor and Eddie tensed up even more, placing the bottle further up against Steve's neck, "he's cool. He's cool!" Dustin shouted, Eddie finally spoke, "what are you doing here?" He whispered, "we're here to Help" said Robin, Dustin continued, "Eddie, these are my friends, you know Robin, from band, this is my friend Max, the one who never wants to play D&D.. oh! And your girlfriend! Y/n! Eddie saw me and relaxed a little, but the fear in his eyes I had never seen before and I knew it would take a lot for him to trust us after whatever it was he'd been through, "we're on your side!" Dustin said, "I swear on my mother, right guys?" We all began swearing on Dustin's mother and finally Eddie let go of Steve, resting against the wall and sinking into the floor, still clutching the broken beer bottle....