Suspect

I pulled up towards the entrance, an officer knocked on my window, "name and relation to the residents?", I took a breath, "uhm, y/n Emerson, I'm in a relationship with Eddie Munson, he lives here", the officer stopped, facing away from me and turning to his radio, "sir, Munsons girlfriend is here" he said into the radio, I was confused, he turned back to me, "just park over there, the deputy just wants a statement", my heart sank as I naturally assumed the worst, had he been killed? Did he witness the murder? Please god let him be alive.

I parked up next to his trailer and officer Callahan knocked on my window, "hey, uh we just want to talk to you for a few moments" I stepped out of the car and Callahan escorted me to the picnic bench Eddie and I sat at the other night, His uncle Wayne was perched on the table, chain smoking when he saw me, "oh, hi y/n" I felt myself shaking with dread and confusion, "what happened? Is Eddie okay? Please tell me he's okay?" I said, turning to Callahan as officer Powell approached, "y/n if you'd like to take a seat we just want to ask you some questions on Eddie's whereabouts last night, I hope you're okay with that?", I nodded, "do you know what Eddie had planned last night? Maybe where he was or where he's been?" I nodded, "uhm... he was at his club at school.. it's a board game club, he was really excited.. uhm then I think he went home? We were supposed to see each other today.. where is he??" I said, officer Powell looked at Callahan, "well that's what we're trying to find out, do you know who he was with or what he was doing around 9pm?" He asked, "well.. he was probably out celebrating with his club or at home by then or something-" Powell interrupted, "what is this club?" I took a deep breathe, trying not to shake so much, then Wayne offered me a cigarette, "thanks" I said as I lit it in my mouth, taking a deep inhale and stopped shaking, "uh.. it's a fantasy game? Like lord of the rings.. I think it's called dungeons and dragons- sorry what does this have to do with anything?" I said, "well, we're just trying to understand where he was at the time of the crime-" I interrupted this time, "but what happened? Is he okay? Is he alive?" I asked as my voice wobbled and I felt a tear fall from my eye, "look we can see you're upset, but if there anything else you'd like to tell us about Eddie?" Wayne turned to me, "they think he killed someone" he whispered, my heart dropped and I started to panic, "No....he wouldn't do that, I know him.. now, I know that Eddie and I look a little different but he would never do that, I promise it wasn't him! He would never.. He's not like that! I promise it's not him, please you have to believe me.. he has the sweetest soul he wouldn't even hurt a goddamn fly!" I started to cry into my hands, Powell sighed, "at least you've told the truth, now you're welcome to stay until you calm down, please contact the school counsellor if you need to as we understand this is a distressing event, please get some rest and if we find anything we'll let you know" I sighed as Wayne rubbed my back in sympathy, while Callahan and Powell left to observe the crime scene, "at least we both know the real Eddie" Wayne whispered, I took another drag from my cigarette and stared at the woods catatonically for the next ten minutes.
When I'd finally calmed down I knew I had to see Robin, "I'm so sorry about what's going on Wayne, but I think I'm gonna have to go I need time to think" I said, "that's okay kiddo" Wayne replied.

I got back into my car and ignited the engine, lighting another cigarette as I drove away, I headed for family video as I knew Robin was on shift right now and I needed to see her..