There's A Letter Here From Hogwarts

Draco Malfoy's POV

"Draco! Draco, dear! Come downstairs, love, there's a letter here from-" My mother paused. I waited. "-Hogwarts!" I nearly fell out of my chair, but leapt down the steps, missing two or three each time I landed. I halted in the stairwell to regain my composure, took a deep breath and strode into the kitchen. Hogwarts was a second home to me, and after everything I'd been through, I decided I deserved to go home. I snatched the letter off the counter and ripped it open eagerly. My eyes scanned the pages rapidly, and my smile grew with each sentence.

Draco Malfoy,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been re-accepted into Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the newly instated eighth year.
We expect you and those returning with you to be fantastic role models to the younger students, and for your behavior to be impeccable.
We are also delighted to tell you that you have been administered the honorable position of Head Boy. You and the Head Girl will be sharing living quarters, but have separate rooms and private bathrooms, with a common room for the both of you.
We specifically expect you and the Head Girl to display remarkable behavior in terms of maturity when living in the same 'house.'
The list of supplies is attached.

We look forward to seeing you in the fall,

Headmistress Minerva McGonagall

I stared at the letter. Was this a joke? Did McGonagall mean to send this to Weasel King or Potter? But it had my name on it.

"MUM!!!" I yelled into the living room. She rushed out and took the letter from me as I brandished it about in her face.
Her pale grey eyes flicked back and forth as they read. She looked up. "Draco, this is wonderful! I'm so proud of you!"

"Will you manage alright by yourself?" I asked. My father had died a few months ago when some of the Dark Lord's followers had caught up with him. Apparently they had been tortured for information, and once it was discovered they didn't have any, they were released and they began their search for revenge on my cowardly father. They had left us be, probably because they assumed we wouldn't be able to manage without him. Proves them wrong, I guess. "I'll do fine, dear. You can't miss this opportunity!"
"Thanks mum."

We had little time to be happy.

"Draco, what's the date?"
"Um, August 29th?"
"The letter must be late! We only have two days until the train leaves! We have to get your supplies! Fetch your coat, Draco! We have to go!"

I ran to the hall closet and grabbed a jacket and Mum's coat, tossing it to her and stepping into the fireplace.
"Ouch! Dammit!" I healed myself quickly. "Draco, maybe next time you should use floo before just hopping into the fire." Mum quipped.
"Yeah, maybe. Merlin, that hurt." I rubbed my calf. "Okay, let's go."

Diagon Alley

"You'll need new robes, dear. Why don't you grab those while I fetch some owl supplies." Mum smiled and left.

I headed towards Madam Malkin's, then stopped abruptly, looking around the window decor and through the window. Long wavy brown hair, reaching a nearly invisible waist. She was gorgeous from the back, if ya know what I mean. ;)

I couldn't shake the feeling that I knew her. Then she turned around, and I hit the deck. "Granger." I muttered. I can't believe I thought that mudblood was pretty. My heart ticked. What?
I army crawled to the door then stood up, walking in.

Hermione Granger's POV

"Ouch!" I shrieked.
"I wouldn't stick you if you stopped moving. Now, turn around." I rotated just in time to see a flash of blond hair whoosh downwards. Malfoy? No, couldn't be. He's smarter than to show his face after all that's happened, especially in a place so popular like Diagon Alley. The bell on the door jingled, then guess who walked in? He'd certainly grown up. He had light blonde stubble on his relatively handsome face and it suited him well.
Whoa. No.

"Well, if it isn't Hermione Granger."

"Shut it, Malfoy."

"How's Weasel-bee?"

"Ronald is fine." I said stiffly. Things haven't been going too well for us. We have, um, different personalities.

"Oooh, trouble in paradise, eh?"

"Shut it, Malfoy."

"Granger, you know the rule. You can't use the same insult twice." He smirked.

"It's not an insult, you git, it's a command."

"Same difference."

"Says who?" I yanked my head Girl badge out of my jeans pocket, pinning it on my robes. I accidentally stuck myself, but was extra careful not to flinch.

His face faltered. Yeah that's right. Be scared, Malfoy, I will totally pre-dock you points.

"Says me." But his heart wasn't in it.

"So, I win?" I was surprised, to say the least. I'd never know Malfoy to give up so easily.

"Honestly, I don't think either of us do."

"Excuse me?"

And then, out of his own pocket, appeared a Head Boy badge. I think I passed out.

I have to live. with. THAT.

I woke up to violent shaking. "Granger? Granger? You okay?"
He was asking if I was okay? Um... whoa. Space time continuum! Parallel universe!

What do I do?

What do I say?

Wait. What does he care?
Okay Hermione. Make it sound mean.

I sat up. "What do you care, Malfoy?" I spat.

That sounded pretty mean in my opinion.

Malfoy's POV

"What do you care, Malfoy?" She spat. Harsh. But I did care. I couldn't tell you why I cared about Granger, but I did. It was simply indescribable.

I can't believe she's Head Girl. I guess it could be worse.

I went to pull her off the floor, but she wrenched her hand out of my grasp and stood up herself, wiping her hand off dramatically on the side of her (very) skinny jeans. "Fine then." I mumbled. Whatever.
I grabbed three pairs of robes off the rack nearest to me and checked the sizes. All of them would fit. Good. I can leave and go figure out why my heart hurt when I thought of her as a Mudblood outside the window.
What is wrong with me?!
I paid and turned to leave. "See you at Hogwarts, Granger." She shuddered, and I smirked.

Point: Draco

Sort of.