His Highness of Slytherin

Draco

That morning was rough. I only ended up getting five hours of sleep, and when I got to breakfast I guess I looked awful, because the first thing Blaise did was laugh in my face. I scowled at his childish behavior. "I don't look that bad," I told him.

He kept laughing. I rolled my eyes. "Mate," he spluttered. "You look like..." He dropped off as McGonagall walked past us. After she left, he muttered, "shit."

"Yeah whatever," I replied, focusing on Granger. She'd just walked in, and her hair was straight today, less bushy than usual. She sat down with her back to me, in between Potter's girlfriend, Weaslette, and Weasel himself, pecking him on the cheek.
I noticed that it seemed a little reluctant and forced, and I scoffed.

Blaise followed my gaze (A/N Blaise, gaze, yeah?! Lol no okay) to the Gryffindor table.

"Ooooh somebody's jealous that Weasley has a girlfriend and His Highness of Slytherin doesn't." I flashed him a look, and his grin disappeared.

"I think Weasley got lucky, Zabini. Did you see how she kissed his cheek, she's totally over him. I don't blame her, he's an idiot."

Blaise just stared. I huffed, slamming my elbows onto the table and dropping my chin into my hands.

All of a sudden, "YOU WANNA SNOG HERMIONE GRANGER!" My immediate reaction was to slide under the table, so I did. Was he right, though?

No, she's practically a muggle. She's a muggle who hit the jackpot. It doesn't mean anything that I think she's smart, and pretty, and NO.
Coincidence all the way, whatever, no. I came back up to face Blaise's gaping mouth.

"DUDE!" I prepped myself to get under the table again, but he didn't say anything else. I waited a minute before saying anything.

"Zabini I don't like her, not like that. I mean, we are watching a movie tonight after patrol, but that doesn't mean anything. She's trying to help me 'broaden my horizons,' or something like that."

Blaise paused, opening his mouth, then closing it again. Pansy sat down on my other side, laughed a little, and said, "Blaise, you look like a fish."

He waved her off, then turned to me and whispered, "You know what would really broaden your horizons? Going out with a muggle." He smirked at me.

"Ah, hell nah, Blaise." Pansy was getting into American muggle movies lately, and that was the most recent phrase she'd picked up. "Draco's smarter than that." He gave her a look. She shrugged. "Maybe not."

He nodded, and they laughed. I just shook my head and at my breakfast, choosing to ignore them both. It was too early to deal with these morons.

Hermione

When I woke up there was a blanket around me, but I was still on the couch. I vaguely recalled watching my favorite movie of all time with Malfoy and making plans to watch The Fault In Our Stars tonight after patrol. What can I say? He says he's changed, I'll give him a chance. If he kills me, I guess I'll know I was wrong. Whoops.

I might be the one killing him first, since I was kind of pissed when I remembered Pansy Parkinson coming in with him last night. He had missed patrol to shag Pansy Parkinson of all people. I groaned, shaking my head and going to change for breakfast in the Great Hall.

As I got dressed I remembered how they had come stumbling into the common room together. They had run into about forty different things, but nothing had fallen over or been shifted. Suddenly, I remembered the hologram spell we had learned in Transfiguration class. He had tricked me! And just so he could get out of patrol. He'd better be prepared for an earful tonight.

Anyways, It was a rough morning. I made it to breakfast and sat down in between Ginny and Ron, making myself kiss his cheek. Ronald and I had made up after he apologized for talking about Draco like that. People thought we were in love, might as well give them a little.

I turned to get some breakfast, then stopped when I heard somebody, a boy, shout something from the Slytherin table. I spun around, just in time to see a flash of blond hair disappear under the table. I shook my head, clearing it. I must be imagining it. As I reached for my toast, starving, a clinking sound was heard from the Head table. I sighed, putting my toast down on my plate, and turned to face McGonagall anyway.

"Good morning, students. To our old students, welcome back, to our new students, welcome. I'm sure you will all enjoy your time here. To kick off our new year, the Heads of Houses and the Prefects will be putting together a masquerade ball that will take place Saturday night."
The girls squealed and the boys groaned. Except me and Ginny. We groaned, too.

McGonagall clapped to get our attention, but not before I heard Ron mutter something about 'even closer quarters with Malfoy.' Whatever. I practically live in the same room as him, can't get much closer than that.

After breakfast, Draco and I headed back to our common room. Classes didn't start until noon today, giving us time to organize.

"So I guess we should get started on this planning?" I asked him, as we both took a seat on the couch. He nodded and we began writing up ideas. We spread our papers out on the coffee table and went over them, crossing out ideas until we were left with a good preview of what was to come. We were both satisfied with our work, gave each other a stiff nod, and headed to class. My first was Transfiguration. So was his.

Draco

We both had Transfiguration first. I walked in behind Hermione and couldn't help but sneer as she took a seat next to Weasley. Potter was with Weaslette, as expected. I sat with Blaise, who greeted me with a slap on the back.

I watched Hermione put our plans on McGonagall's desk then sit back down. She seemed excited to get this ball over with. Not me. The longer this goes on the easier I can talk to her. She could think we're just going over plans but hey, any excuse.
During transfiguration I drew random pictures in the margins of my notebook and blocked McGonagall out.

When class was over, I grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side. She looked startled, but nonetheless waved off her confused friends and walked with me into a corner.

"What's going on?" She asked me, looking worried. "Well, ah, Hermione, would you come to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?" She blinked. "To, you know, finalize dance plans."
"Oh. Oh! Yeah, yeah of course. I'll meet you at the Three Broomsticks, Friday morning?"

Friday was the day before the dance, and she and Ginny had gotten classes cancelled simply for shopping. Ridiculous, but what can you do?

"Great, perfect, yeah, um, how about 10?"
She smiled an adorable smile, nodded, waved goodbye, and walked off to the Great Hall to meet the rest of those goody little Gryffindors.

I just stared after her, think about how lucky I was to have scored a date with the most beautiful girl in Hogwarts. Even if she didn't know that was what it was. Still counts.

(Honestly don't make me write a date, it will only end badly because I can't write romantic crap so I'm skipping to the dance in the next chapter sorryyyyy. Just imagine that they had the date and they're like bffs now bc they decided to be friends but chill bc this is a dramione story so yeah obviously there will be loveeee but next chapter is long and detailed yayyyyyy ily all)