So Let Him

Check out the song if you've got time, mostly because it screams dramione and also because it makes me cry lol okay READ ON oh but if you haven't heard the song The Feeling by JB and Halsey, that will be in here at some point because WOW k go on
Hermione

Clearing up the "unforeseen circumstances" issue wasn't a problem, but I had run up to the Head Table in the Great Hall, dragging a laughing Draco with me and practically screaming for McGonagall. When she came over to us I'd explained the whole thing, Draco, of course, being of no help, as he laughed uncontrollably the whole time. She had laughed it off with us and dismissed us to eat.

I let go of his arm as we gave each other a parting smile and ran to our respective tables to eat lunch. I talked to Ginny and Harry for a while, all of us blatantly ignoring Ron despite his attempts to talk to us, and Draco talked to Blaise and Theo.

Once I'd finished listening to Ron's prat-ness, I walked to the Slytherin table, fearlessly taking a seat next to Draco as his friends stared at me open-mouthed, not in a disgusted, she's not a pureblood way, more like in a wow, I can't believe she had the guts to sit over here way, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Draco later admitted that he was proud I'd had so much Gryffindor courage that night.

Blaise and Theo warmed up to me rather quickly though, and we all laughed when I told them how Draco had trashed the common room last night in his drunken state, as Draco looked on and grumbled that I was exaggerating. Every once in a while I'd look over to the Gryffindor table and see Ginny and Harry smiling encouragingly and Ron glaring. I brushed it off and stood up to leave when I was done, Draco following me soon after. I waited up for him outside the doors to the Great Hall and we began to walk to our Common room together when we were interrupted.

"Hermione! Hermione, wait up!"

I quickened my pace though the corridors as soon as I heard Ron calling my name, dragging a bewildered and and angry Draco by the sleeves of his school robes with me. When Ron caught up and grabbed my arm, I flinched, and Draco and I both pulled our wands on him.

Ron took a step back, putting his hands in the air.

"Hermione, I just wanna talk."

I waited for him to continue, and he braced himself, perhaps realizing how stupid and pathetic his next words were.

"I was hoping we would still be friends, even after everything that happened at the dance." At that he sent a glare Draco's way, and I gasped. "Don't you dare look at him like that! You're the reason that the dance went poorly, so don't even try to blame it on him!"

"'Mione, he was making a move on you!"
"So let him." I growled. Draco opened his mouth to protest, but I gave him a quick look and he reluctantly stayed quiet. There were a few more things I had to say, so I grabbed Draco's hand for support. Both he and Ron looked at our hands confusedly. I took a deep breath, terrified for my confession. The truth had to come out one way or another.

"I like him, okay Ron? He treats me the way I deserve to be treated, and all you ever did was talk down to me. I'm sick of you and your arrogance. You can't accept change, Ronald, and that's going to hurt you someday."

"Hermione, I... I don't understand. How can you fancy him? I've been at your side for ten years. How can you just cut me out of your life like this?"
How was he not getting this? My hands shook by my sides, and Draco squeezed the one he was holding comfortingly.