You Happened

Hermione

I woke up to a hand in mine limply. Opening my eyes, I saw a blonde head laying on my bed. Draco.
He had pulled up a chair next to my bed, so I guess he had fallen asleep watching me.

Sitting up slowly, I realized I was in my own bed in our dorm. The room was dark.
Looking over at my alarm clock, I saw that it was two in the morning.

I reached a hand to my head, feeling the bandage there. The events of tonight came flooding back.

"Holy..." I trailed off.

"Hermione?" Draco murmured, yawning. "Go to sleep, it's late."

Feeling completely wide awake, but not really sure why, I grinned. "Well, technically, it's early!"

He sat up quickly. "Madame Pomfrey told me this would happen."

Groping through the dark to my bedside table, he flicked on my lamp. Both of us wincing at the light, he reached for a vial of a dark purple liquid, uncorked it, and handed it to me.

I stared at it. "Before I take this," I slurred. "I'm going to tell you something."
My brain felt unfocused, and speaking as a whole seemed like a strange, fuzzy concept.

I waited.

"What do want to tell me, Hermione?" He asked patiently.

"Thank you," I said quietly, suddenly feeling sure and safe.

"What for?" He questioned.

"For giving Ron what he deserved."

"Anytime." He smiled.

He placed a hand on my knee, and I flinched. Moving the sheet, I saw that both my knees were equally skinned. I also realized that I was in a long shirt, that most definitely wasn't mine. It was green. I glared at him. 

"Sorry," he whispered.

I blinked. He was being so kind and sweet and helpful and, and just wonderful.
This was a side of him I'd hardly seen. I wanted to keep it around forever.

"Don't apologize," I replied. "I don't know what's happened to him to make him act like this, but you helped me realize what an arse he is." We both laughed at that, and I smiled at him. He smiled back.

"Otherwise, it was fun, I think. I enjoyed dancing with you," he said, a light in his eyes that I had never seen before.

"As did I," I whispered. As he sat in the chair, I realized how far away he was.

I patted the bed next to me. He moved up reluctantly.

I smiled. "You can move closer. I don't bite." He shifted and scooted closer towards me. His body was directed so it was leaning slightly over me.

I focused on his face for a moment, and he looked back at me. I looked up at the strings of his Slytherin hoodie. Reaching up weakly, my mind still a little unsure of why I was doing anything from the potion Madame Pomfrey gave me, I gathered the strings up in my hand.

I pulled him close, closer until his blonde hair brushed over my nose.
I pulled him so close to me his lips were barely a centimeter from me.

"Hermione... "

I kissed him. Only for a moment, and it was over practically before it started, but in that second my toes curled and the tips of my fingers tingled. A shock coursed through me to the roots of my hair.

I pulled back, looking into his beautiful gray eyes.

Now I realized that I was totally delirious, as I patted his chest and smiled.