Is That All

Ginny's outfit above, to the side, whatever, it's above to me ily all

Hermione

"So, what are your plans for today? Going to Hogsmeade, because we could go together. Like a date. We haven't had one in a while." Ron looked at me questioningly.  "Actually, I already am going with someone. But it's not a date, trust me." I answered, grinning.

A date with Malfoy, don't make me laugh. Although, for some reason, I wasn't quite as disgusted as I would have been just weeks ago at the thought.

"I'm your boyfriend, Hermione, don't forget that. Who are you going with?" Ron's mood changed in an instant.

" I'm going with Draco, Ronald, not that it's any of your business." I snapped.

His face twisted in anger, and I stepped back a little. "You're going to Hogsmeade with MALFOY?!"

"We're just finalizing dance plans! We're in charge, remember, or were you even listening?"

Ron growled, stepping forward and locking my arm in a vise grip. I flinched, and yanked my arm out of his grasp. "DO NOT go to Hogsmeade with that Death Eater, or we're  OVER!" He snarled.

I gasped. "FINE! I guess this is done then!" He paused, startled by my answer. I guess he'd thought I would just say 'okay, sounds good,' and we'd walk hand in hand to the Three Broomsticks. I don't think so.

"Fine!" He retorted. How original. Not that I had anything better. "Fine!"
And then we both stormed off in opposite directions.

I met Draco outside my room at ten, just as we'd planned. He'd dressed kind of fancy, in jeans and a nice shirt. I felt plain next to him, boring, in my leggings and tee, but when he saw me he smiled, holding his arm out for me jokingly.

I laughed and we walked out of the common room, talking about our plans for the masquerade.
"Has anyone asked you yet?" He wondered.

"No," I answered, with a small smile, as we walked out of the grand front doors. "Huh," he muttered, sounding a little perplexed. I shook it off, and said, "Who are you going with?"

"Well, about that—" he was cut off by someone shouting my name from the steps behind us.

"Hermione! Hermione, wait up!" I turned on the stairs, facing the boy calling me. "Oh, hey Seamus!" I smiled.

"Hi! So, I was, I was, was wondering-" he paused. I waited.
"- I was wondering how, how the planning for, for the dance was, er, coming along." He rubbed his palms nervously on the sides of his jeans.
It was the Friday before the dance, so we had no classes today, courtesy of Ginny and me. We had built a solid argument around shopping.

I shot a side glance towards Draco, who was looking at his shoes. Well, no help from him, I guess.

"Oh, um, it's going well. You know it's a masquerade, right? Draco and I would be delighted to make you a mask for your date, or for you, I mean," I wasn't sure how to ask him if he had a date. "Um, but if you aren't going stag, we could match it to your dress, I mean, her dress, I–"

Never mind.

He nodded along absently, then laughed awkwardly. I just stared at the floor. There was silence. I had a feeling that wasn't all he had to say.

"Is that all?" I prompted.

"Er, no." He was clearly struggling for the words. Oh god. He was going to ask me out to the dance. Oh god! Seamus was such a good friend, how could I let him down? Maybe I didn't have to....