Twice Now You've Kissed A Ferret

Hermione

I woke up to sunlight streaming in through my window and a slight pain in my head. Swinging my legs out of bed, I touched my bare toes cautiously to the floor. I drew them up quickly at the cold of the wooden panels, before setting myself down completely. I noticed I was still in a green shirt that came to mid thigh.
Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my robe off the hook on the back of my door and walked downstairs.

Draco Malfoy himself was sitting on the couch reading a book, but when I descended the last step, he stood up quickly, tossing his book onto the couch. I grinned weakly. "Hey."

He exhaled, looking relieved. "Hey. How are you feeling?" I threw myself on to the couch, rubbing my eyes. "Honestly?"

He didn't break eye contact. "Lie to me."

"Been better," I muttered. He grabbed me a blanket from the chair, and sat down next to me, watching as I covered my self up. I thought back to last night. I remembered waking up, and him giving me a potion, but that was really it.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, I grabbed his arm. "Did I do anything embarrassing last night? Because I remember waking up at, like, two in the morning, and you handing me a vial, but that's all."

He stiffened, slowly pulling his arm away from me. I stared at it, confused. Oh god, did I do something last night to ruin our friendship?

"Um, n-no, not really. You just went back to sleep." He said, looking at the ground.

"I don't believe you."

"Well, it's true."

Still not sure about that."

"I don't care!" He said, looking irritated. I flinched, taken aback.

"What did I do?" I asked softly, nervous for the answer.

He leaned back on the couch, running a hand through his hair.
"It doesn't matter," he replied, sitting up again.

I sighed. "Okay."
"Anyway, thank you for giving Ron what he deserved last night. You really didn't have to," I told him.

He looked at me. "You already thanked me, and he shouldn't have...." As if realizing what he had just said by the look of shock on my face, he groaned and closed his eyes for a second.

"What?" I asked quietly, trying to stay calm. I'd had a dream that I thanked him and then I kissed him. No.

"Nothing," he said quickly.

I glared at him. "Um, something! What did I do?"

He exhaled deeply. "Fine. After you woke up, we talked for a few minutes, and then you—"

"Oh my god! Oh my god! I kissed you! Oh my god!"

I threw the blanket off of me, pacing the room.

"You don't have to sound so disgusted," he said jokingly.

I rolled my eyes. "No, I just, I thought that was a dream, I can't believe I..." I trailed off, not sure what else to say. Had I lead him on, was I hurting him by saying this, had I hurt him with my actions last night? My head was spinning.

Sitting down on a chair near the empty fireplace, I put my head in my hands.

"Hermione, it doesn't matter. It's okay," Draco said kindly, sitting on the arm of my chair.

I sniffed. Great, and now I was crying. "Hey. Hey, Hermione, look at me." I looked up at him, sniffling again, and he pulled his long sleeve over his hand to wipe away the lonely tear on my cheek. I smiled bitterly. "I'm so sorry," I said.