XXIII

┍━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┑
The day when your time and my time face each other
너의 시간과 나의 시간이 마주하는 날
┕━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┙

Minghao's POV:

A few days had passed. Jia and I had decided to hang out again today. She had gone to a different city to shoot something, so we hadn't seen each other for a while. I picked up some flowers on the way, softly smiling to myself as I wrapped my scarf tighter around me. It was morning, so it was quite chilly. But at the same time, the weather was pleasing.

"Hao!" I saw her tiny figure from afar, waving at me. I grinned as I waved back, making my way to her.

"Hey," she breathlessly said.

"Good morning, how was the shoot?"

"It was fun. But it was so cold in Daegu, I almost froze to death."

I softly laughed and handed her the flowers. "I bought some violas for you."

"Violas? How did you even find these? They are so rare here!"

I mischievously winked at her as I linked our arms and we began walking.

We mostly ended up just walking around. We talked about random things and just spent our time enjoying the moment with each other.

Time flew by, and it was already sunset time. We were now walking in a small garden-like place. God knows where we were, we had just kept roaming around and found ourselves here in this pretty place.

I was teasing her about the things she had written in her old journal. We were laughing a long, reminiscing the old days.

I was nervous. I wanted to bring up the topic of our left-off relationship...but I didn't know how to. I was scared to have her answer.

But I knew that even if she said no, I would be grateful enough to have her as my friend. I just wanted to stay by her side, even if it meant I'd be having a one-sided love.

"So..." We both began speaking at the same time. We stared at each other for a second before laughing.

"You first," she spoke.

"Okay," I nodded. "Um, I've...I've been thinking..." I hesitated, unsure whether I actually wanted to ask this question or not.

"Yeah?"

"Well...if we could...start over." Jia remained silent and averted her gaze from me to the setting sun in front of us. My heart was rapidly beating, and I felt as if I could explode at any time.

"I...I know that you said that...that you needed time, but," I reached out as I gently held her hands in mine. "But I'm not sure if I can wait longer. I'm sorry if this is all too sudden...but, I want to...to start over, with you...I want to start over what we left off, and-"

"Idiot," Jia muttered before cupping my face and pressing her lips against mine. I gasped in surprise before returning the kiss. Our mouths fitted perfectly together, it was like the perfect fit that we'd been missing for years. I felt sparks erupt within me, the sparks of love, and hope.

She pulled away a little and looked at me with those bright eyes. "I will never regret giving us another chance. Fate allowed us to meet, and despite the circumstances, we made our relationship work back then. Fate took us away from each other, but it also let us meet once again. And it seems fate wants us to be happy and live life fully. So what's wrong with that?" Jia said while softly smiling.

I wish I could capture this moment. Just us, holding each other, in front of the setting sun as we reciprocated our love to each other, once again.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

"When did you write it?" Jia whispered to me as we gazed at the stars above us, a blanket tightly wrapped around our bodies snuggled close together.

"Write what?"

"'Run to You'. When did you write that?"

I swallowed before slowly smiling. I hadn't expected her to ask me this, but it made me feel so delighted that she did.

"I guess...a few months after you left?"

"How did you come to write about it? Tell me every single thing," she whispered as she moved closer to me.

"Remember the first verse of the song?"

"'I was about to sleep, but I woke up from thinking of you and went outside. I was walking, but started running just like my heart'. " she softly sang, causing me to giggle.

"Yeah, well, just like the lyrics say, one night I was just...sleeping, but I was suddenly aroused after I had this...dream."

"Dream?"

"Yeah, a dream. Of the both of us." She slowly nodded. "Are you gonna tell me about that?"

I shook my head. "Not now."

"Okay."

"Well, so after I woke up from the dream, I just...couldn't stop thinking about you. I know this sounds so cheesy right now, but..."

"But well, I ended up finding myself running outside, for some reason. And guess where I ended up after running?"

"Where?"

"That same garden where we used to go stargaze." Jia softly smiled upon hearing those words.

"I laid down there and just stayed and stargazed, and it felt as if you were right next to me. And well, the next day I started to work on the song," I shyly scratched my nape as I told her. She rose up from where she was lying curled up on my lap and planted a soft peck on my lips. "Thank you, Minghao. It means everything to me. Thank you for finding me, and for not giving up on me. Not then, and not now."

We both softly smiled at each other, our gazes filled with love for the other.

"When you said you engraved my name in your heart, remember why my eyes grew so big," I sang to her in a whisper.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

word count: 943