III

┍━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┑
It's unclear in the fog
안개 속에 흐릿해요
┕━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┙

A week passed. 5 days left till our performance. All the teams were called by the trainer for their checkups. So naturally, Minghao and I had been practising a lot. We recorded all of our practices and monitored them. I could see improvement each time, so I was quite confident. And being with Minghao, I had learnt a lot of things.

We entered the room where the checkups were being held. We bowed to the trainers there and tied our strings. Minghao smiled at me and mouthed 'jjayo' (fighting / good luck) while doing so. I smiled and mouthed back, 'you too'.

I could recognize most of the trainers present there. I had been insulted by almost every one of them before, but not this time. This time, I would show them. I would show them that the helpless girl who was aimlessly chasing a dream she was not made for existed no more. I would make them choke on their own words, and have them regret everything they had said. I would show them a completely different person.

The music began, and I let it take control of my body and dissolve me wholly.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

Doom broke upon us that very day.

I messed up on the main point of the dance during the check-up - the ending part where I have to do that fancy backflip thing. I had done so much better during practice, but it went wrong during the check-up.

We still got really good responses; the best I've ever received from anyone, actually. But it still kept bothering me about the fact I couldn't do that move properly. I have done martial arts before, so it shouldn't be a problem for me to pull off this move.

That night after Minghao bid me good night, I immediately locked the practice room and once again started practising. I kept on getting frustrated because I was continuously getting it wrong, and that's when I slipped hard on the floor and fell. I felt a sharp pain in my ankle and I could not stop the cry that escaped my lips. I tried to get up but hopelessly fell again. I cursed at myself. This was ridiculous.

After much wincing and cries of pain, I managed to get up and unlock the door. I went to my dorm room and took out some bandages, wrapping them around my ankle and hoping it would heal by the next morning before I went to sleep with a heavy feeling.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

word count: 426