I

┍━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┑
when I meet you
너를 만나면
┕━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┙

"Can you get anything right at all? There's only a fortnight left, are you going to show them this? This is why no one wants to be your partner." The words hit like a knife, but I was used to them. I simply clenched my fists.

A scoff. "I don't even get how you got into this university, you clearly don't have the potential for this. You're just wasting your time here and destroying your own future, you should just-"

"What's going on here?"

I turned around at the voice.

Xu Minghao. The ace of the campus. The most famous student here. The one everyone adored.

Why was he here?

He stepped inside the room and stared at the trainer.

"Ah, our ace Minghao! How have you-"

"What were you saying to her earlier?"

The trainer simply stared at him and then laughed.

"Ah, nothing at all! I was just telling her how she should improve more and-"

"It didn't look like that, though. From what I heard, you were saying things a trainer is not supposed to. You don't have the right to say those things about the path she has decided to follow."

The trainer and I both stared at him. Why was he standing up for me?

He turned to me. "I know how long this has been going on. If you can't train her properly, I will. I'll be her partner as well."

My eyes widened. What was he doing?

He suddenly grabbed my arm. "Let's go."

He dragged me to the nearest practice room and finally let go of my hand.

"Why did you do that?" I finally spoke up. He simply looked at me.

"Was it out of pity? I don't need your help, I-"

"I didn't do it out of pity. I did it because I have been in your place. I know how it's like to have sleepless nights practising, how it's like being criticised despite, and how it's like not having your efforts recognised by anyone. But the only thing that matters, is for yourself to recognise your efforts. Other peoples' opinions don't matter and it never should."

Then he smiled.

And those words, that smile, were the things that made me at least let out my tears after months.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

word count: 369