X

┍━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┑
I'll hold back my tears
눈물을 꾹 참을거야
┕━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┙

Minghao's POV:

I woke up late in the morning to find Jia sound asleep next to me, wrapped in my arms, completely relaxed and content. I watched her sleep for a while longer, my mind filled with images of the past few days. Memories of her laughing, smiling, crying, hugging, kissing. Of her trying her best to hold her emotions in check. Of her falling asleep against my chest. Of her telling me what happened during her day. Of her reassuring me that everything was gonna be alright. All these memories flooded back into my brain. I remembered my promise to myself; I would protect her no matter what.

We would make it work somehow. Somehow, we would stay together. Somehow, I will protect her and bring her happiness.

I brushed my lips against her soft one and gently kissed her.

"Wake up," I whispered against her lips.

She stirred awake slowly, blinking several times, taking some time to process where she was and where she was sleeping. Then her eyelids snapped open, as if the light had awakened her. She quickly turned to face me.

"Where...are we?"

"You fell asleep last night, and I couldn't find the keys to your dorm. I was gonna sleep on the couch...but well, you kept on pulling my sleeve asking me to stay."

She blushed and smiled sheepishly at me. "Sorry." I laughed and she joined in, smiling warmly at me. She snuggled her head underneath my chin.

"What about breakfast?" She whispered against my shoulder.

"Well...what do you wanna eat?"

"I want to cook. With you."

I chuckled. "Sure thing. You can wash up, I'll get everything ready." She nodded.

"I don't suppose you have a fresh set of clothes right now, do you?" She shook her head. I got up and went to my closet. "Hmmm...maybe this will fit you?" I handed her a hoodie and a pair of trousers.

She took it from me with thanks. "Be right back, then," she grinned and went inside.

My smile vanished as soon as she disappeared behind the door. My eyes fell on the painting hanging on the wall. I deeply sighed.

We only had two more weeks. Two more weeks, then she would leave.

I would make these two weeks count.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

Jia came out a few minutes later, as I was taking out the eggs from the fridge. I softly giggled at the sight of her wearing my hoodie, which was a bit oversized for her. She pouted as she came toward me, and I pecked her lips. "It looks cute on you," I smiled at her.

She grabbed the carton of eggs and walked toward the stove. She began cracking them open as I turned on the stove. "Do you need help?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. Could you pass me the plates?" I handed her the plates and silverware, watching her carefully as she put them on the counter. I went over to her and wrapped my arms around her from behind as I watched from her shoulder as she picked up the frying pan and flipped over the pancakes.

She brought the food over to the table and we sat down. I picked up my fork and knife and dug into the pile of pancakes.

"How is it? Is it good?" she asked.