𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𖣘𖣘𖣘

Soon enough Steve returned to Joyce and Jonathon. "Where's Morrigan?" Dustin questioned. "She wouldn't move from the couch, probably for the best. She could be like what Will was when the Mind Flayer got to him. Maybe she's some sort of spy." Jonathon spoke. "The Wheelers are going to stay with us, until we figure out how to get Morrigan back that is." Steve told me. I nodded and gave the Wheelers a small smile.

"Steve, is it alright if I stay too? I'm sure my mom won't mind. I just want to stay with Quinn, yanno incase she has any nightmares." Max asked Steve. "Of course, do you want me to go take you to ask her now? And get you some things." Steve offered, standing up. "Yeah, thanks." Max nodded.
"We'll be two seconds." Steve said as they left the house.

"I'll show you guys to the spare room, you'll have to share unless someone takes the sofa. Will you could sleep in my room?" I suggested as I took the Wheelers upstairs. "Yeah, thanks." Will smiled. "Thank you for letting us stay." Joyce said to me. "No problem, I mean we can't exactly let you live with a possessed person." I joked. Me and the others helped the Wheelers unpack their things and get settled.

It turned afternoon as Steve and Max got back. The rest of the party decided to head back to their houses and said bye to us left at the house. I helped Max with her things and by the time we were done, dinner was ready. We ate and me, Will and Max went upstairs to my room.
We sat in silence for a few moments before Will broke it. "You two aren't gonna make out and stuff while I'm here right?" He asked.

"Will!" I laughed.
"Oh shut up Will!" Max threw a pillow at him. Me and Will laughed and Max soon joined in. "I'm being serious though." Will told us.
"Alright, we'll control ourselves." I told him with a laugh. "Good, good." Will smiled. We all talked about the first things that came to mind and eventually became more and more tired.

Will had already fallen asleep and me and Max were left awake. "Think you'll sleep tonight?" Max whispered. "Doubt it." I sighed. Max frowned at me, gently moving some hair from my face. "You should try and sleep though, don't let me stop you." I joked. "I'll sleep when you sleep." Max told me. "Stubborn." I mumbled. "Shhh, go to sleep." Max told me, hiding her face in the crook of my neck.

I smiled to myself and closed my eyes. Eventually I fell asleep. No nightmares, no distraction from the outside world, and no disruption from the Devil. I woke up to the sound of my bedroom door closing and voices coming from downstairs. Max was laying beside me, she was already dressed which confused me a little. I glanced at the alarm clock, it read 11:01. "Morning, sleepy." Max smiled, noticing I had woken up.

"Morning." I yawned, sitting up.
"You sleep well?" The redhead asked.
"Yeah, great, no nightmares or anything." I told her. "Thats great!" Max said happily. I nodded in agreement and rubbed my eyes. "Is everyone else downstairs?" I questioned. Max hummed a yes. "What're they talking about?" I could still hear their muffled voices, it must be something interesting to get them talking this much. "I'm not sure." Max said quickly. I looked at her with a raised brow. "What?" She asked.
"Are you lying?"

"No! I'm not sure what they're talking about right now." Max rephrased. "What were they talking about when you were with them?" I pushed.
"You. About the Devil situation." Max admitted with a sigh. "Hm, are they worried?" I asked.
"Of course they are, so am I, honestly." Max told me. I brought her into a hug. "Trust me, it'll be fine. I'll be fine. We'll be fine." I reassured the worried girl.

"You're sure?"
"One hundred percent sure." I smiled, trying to put confidence into my tone. "Okay, good, yeah we'll be fine." Max nodded, talking to herself. "I'm gonna go get dressed, I'll meet you downstairs, okay?" I told my girlfriend. "Alright." She nodded and got out of bed, walking downstairs.

Once I had gotten dressed I went into the living room. Everyone's eyes turned to me. "Hungry?" Joyce asked, holding up a plate of pancakes. "Very, thank you." I smiled, eagerly accepting the food. Once I had eaten I sat next to Max on the sofa. Suddenly the conversation which was buzzing on while I was upstairs had now ceased to a stop.

"You guys can talk about the Devil thing, it's not like I'm gonna start getting annoyed that you're tryna figure it out." I told them.
"We know you won't, but he might." Will spoke. "What do you mean?" I queried. "Well, Morrigan is being used as some kind of spy, maybe you are too?" Jonathon said. I furrowed my brows at them. "I'm not like- zombied out like Morrigan is, I can control what I do and I can obviously still talk." I pointed out.

"Well yeah but when you had the experience with him yesterday you said he told you we all knew too much. How would he know what you've said to us unless he's using you to spy?" Will explained. I clenched my jaw, they were right. "I'll go upstairs then, try and figure out all the Morrigan stuff." I spoke, getting up from the sofa. "We still need to find out how to help you." Steve said. "I haven't been fully taken over by him, I have time to wait, Morrigan doesn't." I told him.

Steve didn't argue with me he just looked down at his hands. I went upstairs and back to my room. "Do you really have time, Quinn?" I tensed up. He was back. My last chance was here.