𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝙲𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚜𖣘𖣘𖣘

(A/N: I'm about to go to sleep so I'm afraid ur gonna have another in edited chapter)

I sat on the couch beside Max and everyone turned to look at me. "You got it with you, right?" Dustin asked me. I nodded and pulled out the book. "Holy shit! You stole that?" Max marvelled from beside me. "Erm yeah, just before we left." I confirmed. "Hm, impressive." The red head smiled. I could've sworn my heart skipped at the compliment but ignored it and tried to focus back in task. "Pass it here." Mike said. "No." I said plainly. He glared at me and Eleven gave me a confused look. "Can I see it? Please?" Will asked quietly. I nodded and passed it to the shorter teen.

"Yo what the fuck?" Mike exclaimed.
"What?" I asked, acting oblivious.
"You give it to Will and not me?" Mike demanded. "Yes, Will asked nicely, you didn't." I said in a simple tone. "I just think it's because you do not like Mike." Eleven piped up. "There's also that too." I confirmed.
"I think that is unfair. Mike has done nothing wrong." Eleven continued.

I raised a brow at the girl in confusion. Had she just magically become blind and deaf each time her boyfriend was a dickhead? "He's done nothing?" Max queried. Eleven turned her attention to the freckled red head. "That is right." She nodded. "So you just decide to ignore each time he was an ass? He's been nothing but rude and disrespectful to Quinn since she joined the group. He was the same when I joined! Still is honestly." Max ranted.

There was silence until Mike stood up. "I never wanted either of them in the group," he stated, pointing to me and Max. "You guys only want them in the group because Lucas has a crush on Max and Dustin has a crush on Quinn!" Me and Max looked at each other before looking at the boys that were mentioned. "Well that part about me is a complete lie, I have a girlfriend so there's no way I have a crush on Quinn!" Dustin defended himself.

Me and Max turned our full attention to Lucas who sat in complete silence. "Well? Defend yourself then!" Max hurried the teen. "I um- well I can't?" Lucas' voice cracked slightly. "What do you mean?" Max pushed for an answer. "Well I do have a crush on you, I was actually going to ask you on a date today-" Lucas spoke. "You do?" Max said, her voice quieter now. I looked between the two. A small hope burned in my chest that Max would deny the confession. Another feeling of rising annoyance and...anger? At the possibility Max could feel the same way about Lucas.

I pushed the feelings down. I had experienced those feelings before. Those feelings were jealousy. I had only felt jealousy about my ex partners or crushes, it would be ridiculous to feel jealous about my friend having a crush. So I decided to ignore it and pretend it was never there. Jealousy? Ha. What jealousy?

"The tension is building people! Max do you like Lucas or not?" Dustin broke the silence that had settled over us. "I um...no I don't." Max shook her head. I tried to make it less obvious about the huge amount of relief that I had just experience and tried to change it into a look of empathy for the poor boy who had just been rejected. "Oh Um- right. Sorry." Lucas apologised, sinking back in his seat.

"Wait- if you do not like Lucas? Max who is that person you were telling me you might have a crush on?" Eleven questioned. Max's cheeks and ears immediately flushed red. "OoOOoO Max has a crush! Who is it?" Dustin grinned. "None of your business! And I'm not even certain if I like the person for sure yet!" Max said, rather defensive. "Right, right okay, sorry." Dustin nodded. "I'm going home." Max stated, standing up. "We still need to talk about the book though." Will said, waving the cause of the whole situation around in his hand.

"Yeah can we just do that tomorrow? I don't have the energy to do that stuff right now?" Max sighed. There were a few mumbled agreements and a small complaint from Mike which was shut up by Eleven nudging him in the side. "Oh and Quinn by the way, here's the clothes I borrowed." Max said, grabbing a bag of folded clothes and handing them to me. "Oh yeah thanks." I said, thankful that I now had something so Steve wouldn't question me about my lie.

Everyone then remembered about the clothes and handed them to me. As I dragged myself outside I spotted Max who apparently hadn't left when she said she had. "Oh hey." I smiled at her. "Hey." She smiled back, walking towards me. "I thought you left a little while ago?" I asked her. "I was going to but then I felt bad about all the bags you have to carry so I decided to stick around to help you." Max explained. "Oh! Thank you." I said happily. I watched as a genuine smile fell into Max's face at the happiness in my voice.

"Right pass me some bags, I want to get going quick so the others don't think I'm actually nice and not some badass." Max joked, taking the burden of a few bags from my grip. "Well you can be a nice badass but yeah let's get going." I laughed, putting the bags I was left with into the basket attached to my bike. We rode back to mine and Max helped me carry the bags inside. "Thanks for you help." I said, putting the last bag down in my room. "No problem." Max smiled.

"By the way- and you don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable- was Eleven telling the truth about that whole crush thing?" I asked. Watching as a light shade of pink dusted Max's features. "Oh um- yeah- but I'm not so sure if I do have a crush on them or not." She shrugged. "Oh yeah cool you did mention that yeah." I nodded. A slight awkward silence crept into the room. "Well see ya." Max said before going downstairs. I sat on my bed as I heard the front door close. I sighed and rubbed my eyes, lightly hitting myself on my face.

I sat up straight as realisation hit me like a truck. I had a crush. A crush on Max Mayfield.