𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚎𖣘𖣘𖣘

I watched the look on Steve's face as we all explained what had happened. "Right so there's a new monster in the upside down because of course there is- and you all found out about this because you snuck into a top secret laboratory and my little sister stole a book-diary thing from this place?" Steve repeated what we had explained simply. We all nodded. "Jesus fucking Christ guys! You have to tell me these things!" He exclaimed. "If we told you at first we never would of found the book." Will shrugged.

Steve rubbed his face and groaned. "Right okay. And you found this book where?" Steve asked. "Library in the tunnels." Dustin said.
"Okay well we're returning it cause they seem official and I'm sure they'll realise soon enough the book they're putting all these updates in is missing." Steve pointed out, standing up. I realised he was right, everyone involved in that experiment stuff was probably out searching for the book.

"Eleven, Dustin come with me your going to give directions." Steve said, grabbing his keys and backpack. "Wait what- what about the rest of us?" Mike demanded. "Your staying here, it's just a quick in and out mission." Steve said sternly before leading Eleven and Dustin out of the house. "Well what do we do while they're gone?" Will asked. "Well we just found out there's literally a hound made of dead bodies living in a world under us so I think that gives a good topic of discussion." I brought up.

"True. I mean I've seen some crazy shit and a real Charnel Hound would definitely make it up there on the list." Lucas said. "Well let's hope it sticks to things you've heard and not seen." Max said. Lucas nodded in agreement. "Knowing our luck we probably will ending up bumping into it somehow." Will sighed. There was a small silence. I could tell they were all thinking about memories of their previous experiences with the upside down. I stayed quiet, not wanting to interrupt something I didn't fully understand.

"Let's talk about something less gloomy though?" Lucas suggested. "Good idea." Mike agreed. "Like what?" Will questioned.
"How about a game?" Max suggested.
"Never have I ever?" Lucas brought up the choice. We all agreed on it and started playing.

"Never have I ever...dated someone." Will started. Me, Max, Lucas and Mike out our fingers down. "Oh." Will said. We all laughed and continued the game. "Never have I ever twisted my ankle." I shrugged. Max and Lucas put their fingers down. "Never have I ever fell into a bush while trying to impress someone." Lucas spoke, looking at Max. Max glared at him as she put a finger down. "Never have I ever been rejected by my crush in front of all my friends." She shot back. Lucas put his finger down, his smile being replaced by a frown.

"Never have I ever kissed a girl." Will said, clearly trying to lighten the mood. Mike put his hand down, shortly followed by a hesitant Max. "Wait-" Lucas raised a brow.
"Oh-" Will's jaw dropped. I sat in a shocked silence. "Wait what? You kissed a girl?" Mike demanded, a disgusted look apparent on his face.

"Yeah, I had a crush on her so I kissed her." Max said, swallowing back her nerves. "That's disgusting! Girls don't kiss girls!" Mike exclaimed. "Why?" Max asked, getting defensive. "Because that would make them f-" my jaw dropped as I heard the slur fall from his mouth. "Is that what I am then?" Max demanded. "Yes! Yeah you are! No wonder you didn't like Lucas back! Your one of those freaks!" Mike exclaimed.

"I wouldn't call them freaks- just different." Lucas said. "Max you should leave, if your around in Quinn's house any longer you might want to kiss her! freak!" Mike pushed the redhead towards the door. "Don't push me! I'm not leaving!" Max shouted. "You didn't deny what I said about Quinn!" Mike pushed the freckled girl towards the door once again, harder this time, so hard that she fell to the floor.

I pulled Mike backwards by his arms. He flailed around, his elbow harshly making contact with my nose. "FUCK!" I cursed, feeling the blood start dripping from where he had hit me. Mike turned to look at me, his face hot with anger. I stared him in the eyes before punching him straight in the nose. I heard the crack of his nose breaking as he fell to the ground.

I crouched down and pulled him closer by his now blood soaked shirt. "Say anything or touch Max again and I'll do much worse. Do I make myself clear?" I threatened. "I said. Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?" I repeated, louder this time. "Yes!" Mike nodded, tears falling down his face from the pain of his nose. "Now get your shit and leave!" I threw his backpack at him. Mike grabbed the bag and quickly left the house.

"What the fuck just happened?" Lucas said quietly. Will looked at the taller teen and shrugged. "Um...thanks for doing that Quinn." Max gave me a small smile. "No problem, that reaction was way out of field." I said, blushing slightly. "Wait so you like girls?" Will asked Max. "Yeah. Why you don't approve? Do I have to get Quinn to punch you now?" The redhead joked. "No! No! I fully support!" Will said.

"Same here!" Lucas nodded. Me and Max both laughed. "It's not like I'm just attracted to girls anyway, I like guys too." Max said. "So..." Lucas started. "No you don't have a chance still Lucas, we're still just going to be friends." Max stated. Lucas nodded and shut his mouth, accepting defeat.

I was taken slightly by surprise when Max grabbed my hand and took me into the bathroom, closing the door behind us. She grabbed a tissue and held my cheek, lightly wiping the blood away from my nose. I was thankful any blushing she had just caused could be excused by the rush of the fight. Once she was done she put the tissue in the bin and turned back to me.

"Thanks again for stepping in." She said softly. "No problem, again, tell me if he tries anything like that again, I'll break his nose again for you." I smiled. "For me?" Max smiled.
"Um yeah, yeah for you." I nodded, seeing how red my face was turning in the mirror. "Thanks Quinn, that means...a lot." The shorter girl admitted. I smiled, though it dropped in confusion slightly. Was that my imagination or had she just looked at my lips?