𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚗𖣘𖣘𖣘

I stared blankly at the ceiling of my bedroom. I turned my head to glance at my empty bed, sort of wishing I could take back what I had said. I had told everyone I'd sleep on the floor with them so it would be fair but now I was missing the comfort of my mattress. I sighed and went back to staring at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep, it was officially impossible. I had drifted off a couple of times but each time I would wake up in fear that the Demogorgan was about to pounce me.

I had given up all hope of rest and had just decided to wait until morning in a bored silence. I sighed again as I glanced at the window which still showed the night sky, small light sources of a slip of moonlight and bright stars. "Can you stop sighing? It's depressing." I heard Max complain. "Right. Sorry, didn't realise anyone was awake." I apologised quietly. "It's fine. Can't sleep either huh?" Max turned on her side to look at me and I turned to face her.

"Nope. Trust me I've tried." I said with a frown. "Same here. Is it cause if the Demogorgan?" Max asked. I gave her a small nod. "I'm pretty sure Hopper took care of it, trust me it would if tracked us by now if he hadn't." Max stated. "Thanks that's really comforting." I said sarcastically. Max smiled slightly. "Sorry." She said. "We both keep saying sorry a lot don't we?" "Yes, yes we do." I laughed, Max joined me.

"What time is it?" Max whispered.
I sat up and checked my alarm clock. "1:23." I replied before laying back down. "I'm gonna go for a walk, wanna join me?" Max questioned as she stood up. "Sure why not." I agreed, following her quietly downstairs. As we walked through the living room I spotted Joyce and Hopper sleeping on the same sofa.

As me and Max walked down the streets I turned to her. "Think Joyce and Hopper are dating?" I joked. Max laughed before answering. "Oh hundred percent." I smiled and shook my head. We walked in silence for a little more. "Follow me, I have cool spot to show you." Max told me as she started walking in a different direction.

I followed her up a hill and she sat down, patting a patch of grass next to her. I sat down and gave her a confused look. "Just look over there, it'll be any time now." Max told me with a smile. I turned to look where she was pointing. My jaw dropped slightly as I watched shades of orange and pink bleed into the indigo sky. "This is the best place to see sunrise." Max told me. "I can tell, it's amazing." I grinned.

We sat in a comfortable silence, just watching as the sun rose higher and higher into the sky. "We should probably get back, Steve is probably having a panic attack right now." I broke the silence as I stood up. "Oh yeah, true." Max agreed. We made our way back to the house just in time to see Steve leave the house, car keys in hand. "There you are!" He exclaimed. "Yep!" I smiled awkwardly.

"Where were you?" Dustin asked as him and the others left the house behind my older brother. "Just looking went for a walk cause we couldn't sleep." Max shrugged. "To where?" Steve demanded. "Just to a hill to watch the sunset." I spoke. "Like- romantic?" Eleven questioned us. I immediately felt my face heat up. "What! No! Just as friends!" Max exclaimed. "Yep! Just as friends!" I agreed. "Then why are you blushing? oOoOo!" Dustin teased.

"Can you tease them inside please? It's too early for this." Steve sighed as he went back into the house. We all went back into my room and sat down. "So what did you guys do at the hill? Make o-" Dustin started. "Gross Dustin! Shut up!" Mike exclaimed, for once I was thankful he had spoken. "Anyway shouldn't we just tell them about our plan?" Lucas spoke up. "What plan?" I questioned. "We'll you would know if you weren't making out with Max." Dustin said, immediately getting a pillow to the head from Max.

"Anyway the plan?" The red head encouraged. "We we're thinking of going back to that tunnel, Quinn you said that it was a very clearly man made tunnel right?" Lucas said. "Yeah, it was all made out of concrete." I confirmed. "Right. So Dustin thought that maybe someone was keeping that Demogorgan down there?" Lucas finished. "Right yeah, so we were thinking since I overheard Steve saying he needs to go to work with Robin today so when he goes, we sneak back to the tunnel and try and figure out who made that tunnel and how trapped the Demogorgan there." Dustin said, giving up on his teasing.

"All I heard was 'we have a death wish'." I said. "Oh come on! It'll be fine! We have lighters just incase and we have torches and walkie talkies so we won't get lost down there." Dustin defended his idea. "Fine but if I die, Steve will come after you." I warned. "We'll hopefully it doesn't come down to that." Will said.

We sat in my room (after getting dressed) waiting for Steve) waiting for Steve and Robin to leave. I leaned against my bed with Max, Mike and Eleven were sitting together by the door and Lucas, Will and Dustin were whispering about something. "Think they're talking about us?" I whispered to Max, catching the constant looks Dustin and the other two were sending our way. "Probably." Max shrugged. "Oh and sorry about Dustin by the way." "No worries, I don't get why his first idea was to think we were kissing though." I shrugged. "Probably cause I'm bisexual." Max said casually.

I turned to look at her. "You are?" I said, a little shocked about how casually she had stated it. "Yeah, you got a problem with that?" Max demanded. "No! Of course not! I'm bisexual too." I admitted. "Oh! Good u thought you were homophobic for a second." Max laughed. "No! No! Very much the opposite." I smiled.
"Guys! Me and Robin are off to work, behave yourselves." Steve said, making us all turn to him. We all said bye to him and waited until we heard his car leave.

"Let's go." Mike said, picking up his backpack.

(A/N: this chapter was not edited so pls ignore any spelling errors)