𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎𖣘𖣘𖣘

We both stared into each other's eyes. Still only inches apart. There was sudden banging on the door before it was flung open. Seconds later I was being pulled out of the cart and onto the grass. Steve pulled me into a hug. "Eleven NOW!" He yelled. We all ran to the side as the Wheel was dislodged by Eleven's powers and charged towards the hound. It yelped and ran away from the Wheel. Though of course it followed.

The hound turned towards us, charging at full speed. It's claws extended clumsily as it was still trying to escape the Ferris Wheel of fire. We all stumbled back. Other than Max who's as frozen in fear. The claw caught her slightly, cutting her leg. She let out a yell of pain. The hound raised it's paw for another attack. I grabbed a large piece of scrap metal which had a sharp point. I ran forward, in front of Max, and lodged the metal into the Hound's paw.

It let out an obnoxiously loud screech as the bones of it's paws crunched and blood dripped into the grass, splattering onto my hands. I grabbed Max and pulled her away from the creature. Now distracted by the injury I had caused it, the Hound had forgotten about the Ferris Wheel. It ripped through the creature. It roared and screamed as the fire rippled against its body.

My heart pounded and I watched in twisted horror as the Charnel Hound turned to ash. The charred remains of its body clattered to the ground, along with the wheel which El took her powers away from. Thankfully it's flames ahd been extinguished against the hound's body. Morrigan stepped forward and checked the body. "It's dead...IT'S DEAD!" She announced. We all cheered and got into a group hug. I hugged Max close to me. "Thanks for saving my life." She smiled. "Any time." I smiled back.

"I want to apologise for what has happened here today." Morrigan said to all of us.
"Think you'll stop with all those experiments now?" Robin joked. "Trust me we would love to..though there's something else. Something all of you should know." The woman admitted. "What's that?" Hopper demanded. "How about we go back to Steve's I'll explain there." She replied. We all left the forest and started towards home.

As we all gathered in the living room, Morrigan began to speak. "When we discovered the Hound. There were reports of something else going on in the upside down. People would go missing only to come back and start acting weird. They wouldn't reply to normal conversation, when they did speak they tried to offer deals, trades." She spoke.

"What sorts of trades?" Joyce asked.
"Souls in turn for power." An unsettled silence fell over the room. "Someone said before one of the people started acting weird, they were seen in the upside down. It looked like they were following a voice. When they reached the voice there was some sort of demon there. Tall, sharp claws on hands and feet, a scaly tail, horns painted marks on the body. The whole lot." Morrigan explained.

"And with no guards left and the lab destroyed...who's going to be there to stop anything else from leaving that portal gate." Joyce mumbled. "Exactly. We should head back and make sure that portal is destroyed." Morrigan agreed immediately. We all stood up to follow out the door. "All kids will stay here, other than Eleven, we don't need you guys in harm's way." Hopper spoke. "What!?" We all exclaimed.
"Steve, Robin stay with the kids so they don't try and follow. Hopefully we'll get back quickly." Morrigan ordered.

There was now a much smaller group leaving the house and a very dissatisfied group left at the house. I sat on the sofa, Max's hand in mine, thinking over what had happened. "Quinn, Max isn't gonna get almost killed by the hound again- it's dead. You can let go of her hand." Mike said. "God why are you always yapping your mouth? You want a broken jaw next?" I retorted. "Maybe you want a broken nose so we're equal?" Mike spat. "You can barley open a door, try and break my nose I dare you." I sneered.

Mike stood up and so did I. "Guys we almost died today can you not get into a fight?" Steve stood between us in a matter of a second. Mike sit back down and I sat beside Max once again. She slipped her hand into mine. "Mike had a good point though...you guys are acting like a..." Lucas looked at the two of us. "A..?" I edged him on. "Like a couple." He finished.
"Well is it so crazy that I act like a couple with my girlfriend?" Max asked coldly.

I turned to look at her in shock. Had she really just said that? I looked at the others. They all wore the same shocked reaction. Yep she had just said that. "You two are? Since when?" Dustin questioned, a smile spreading onto his face. "Since a few days ago. We started dating the night me and Mike had a fight." I spoke.

Dustin and Steve held their hands out to Lucas and Mike. They begrudgingly handed money to the two smiling guys. "Wait- did you bet on that?" Max demanded. "Mm maybe?" Dustin shrugged. "God of course you did." I laughed. "Proud of you though little sis." Steve ruffled my hair. "Yeah whatever Steve. Now you go get a girlfriend." I laughed. "Uncalled for!" He said in mock offence.

"You guys sure you like each other like that?" Mike questioned. I bit my tongue but did he always have to start a problem with anything I did? "Yes we do. We like each other the same way you and El like each other. Maybe even more." Max said confidently. Mike scoffed and glared at Max. "It's shocking you like each other in that way in the first place, It's weird! Unnatural! But there's no way you like each other more than I like El!" He exclaimed.

"Mike go into the next room. You're being a real ass about all this! They're happy and that's what matters!" Steve said angrily. Everyone went silent. Mike looked at Steve who returned it with a stern glare. The tall teen got up and went into the next room as Steve had instructed. "Thanks." I smiled to my older brother. "No problem. He's the unnatural one. We all support you okay?" He said softly. Me and Max nodded, smiling.