𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎?𖣘𖣘𖣘

I really thought I was imagining it, until I saw her look once again. "Quinn I-" Max started. "Max! Quinn! Steve's back!" Lucas knocked on the door. "I'll tell you later." Max told me before opening the door and walking into the living room. I took a second to try and adjust to what had just happened. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and followed into the room. "Will told me what happened, are you alright?" Steve asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine, Mike's the one with a broken nose." I said. "What?" Eleven questioned.
"Oh um- don't worry he'll be fine." I reassured the girl. She just nodded, a concerned look plastered on her face. "God, you guys just head home, okay?" Steve sighed, collapsing onto the sofa with a big sigh. Everyone said goodbye and started leaving the house. "Is it alright if I stay round? My step dad was supposed to be going back to the trailer to pick up so shit and I don't really want to be there." Max admitted.

"Yeah whatever, I'm going up to bed today's been stressful." Steve said, getting up and going upstairs. "I'll grab you some clothes." I told Max as we entered my bedroom. I handed her some clothes to wear to bed and waited for her to get dressed before I went to change as well. I looked at my bed, it would be unfair to take it and leave Max to sleep on the floor but also the floor was the most uncomfortable thing I had ever slept on.

"You wanna just share my bed?" I asked the redhead, my heart speeding up a little as I realised what I had just said. "Oh- um sure?" Max shrugged, though I could see a light blush spreading over her face. The blush made her freckles pop a little more, it was cute. We both got into bed and turned away from each other.

I stayed awake for a while, not knowing how much time had passed. How the hell was I supposed to sleep when the girl I had a raging crush on was laying back to back with me? I simply accepted that tonight would be another without sleep and looked around the blank wall for something entertaining, though there wasn't much other then a few posters.

I felt Max shift slightly and she pulled the blanket over her more, her hand brushing slightly against my back. It was such a simple accidental movement yet it sent shivers down my spine and sent my heart speeding up once again.

I stared at the wall, my heart was racing. In the silence of the dark room I'm sure Max could hear how loudly it was beating against my chest. I heard Max shuffle slightly before I felt her breath on my back. "Hey Quinn? You awake?" She whispered, tapping my back lightly. "Yeah." I said quietly, turning to face her. I could feel how red my face was getting as i realised how close we were. "Sorry." I mumbled, scooting back slightly.

"Don't worry, I don't mind." Max smiled slightly. Did she know how much that one sentence affected my heart rate? "I need to get something off my chest or I won't be able to sleep tonight." Max started. I gave her a small nod so she knew I was engaged in the conversation. "Quinn I really, really like you. And not just in a 'I want to be best friends and go shopping together' but in a 'I want to hold your hand and kiss you' way."

My heart was now slamming against my chest, my lips slightly parted and my eyes widening slightly in shock. "What I'm trying to say is I want to be your girlfriend and I want to date you. If you don't feel the same I can leave but I just needed to get it off my chest." The blue eyed girl's were shining, it looked as though she was about to cry.

"Max i..." I said quietly, still in disbelief and realising I hadn't spoken in a while. "Don't feel the same way?" Max tried to finish my sentence. "Feel exactly the same way, honestly it's been keeping me awake at night with how much I like you." I admitted, a small embarrassed laugh passing through my lips. A smile crept onto Max's face. She pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged, happily, back.

I heard Max sniffle a little and pulled away. "You alright?" I asked softly. Max nodded, still smiling as happy tears fell from her eyes. I wiped a couple away, giggling slightly. "So you're down to be my girlfriend?" Max asked me. "Absolutely." I grinned. We spent a comfortable silence in each other's arms. "Hey Quinn?" Max whispered. I opened one eye to look at her. "Yeah?"
"You know all that shit about my step dad was bullshit. I just wanted to stay with you." Max admitted. "Hm. I guessed as much." I smiled. I heard Max laugh slightly. "Just thought you should know." She said quietly.

We fell asleep, wrapped in each other's arms, a comfort and peacefulness I had never experience settled over the room. My last thought however wasn't too peaceful. What would Mike do if he found out?

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but you'll get to see these two adorable gays in the next chapter which will hopefully be release later on today. Love you all <3 )