𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚓𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜?𖣘𖣘𖣘

I sat in bed, staring up at the ceiling. Of course I couldn't sleep. I looked over at Max. She was asleep. I sighed and rolled over so I was facing her fully. I closed my eyes, trying to force my body asleep. "Can't sleep again Hm?" I heard Max say. I opened my eyes and shook my head. "Wanna go back to the hill?" She asked me softly. I smiled and nodded. We got out of bed, stepping over everyone asleep on the floor.

We put our shoes on and slipped out the front door. We walked side by side down the street and up the familiar hill. We sat down, leaning against a tree. Max rested her head on my shoulder. I smiled and stared up at the stars. The moon was almost fully full, shining down on the grass. I looked down at max. The moonlight draped over her face, it made her stunning blue eyes look silver.

"You have a staring problem, yanno that?" Max looked up to meet my eyes. "Sorry I can't help it. You're just really beautiful." I mumbled. "Thanks. You're beautiful too." Max smiled, blush spreading to her cheeks.

I loved her smile, I adored her genuine happy smile though I didn't exactly dislike her sarcastic smile. And her red hair, god I loved it, it wasn't common to see someone with such amazing bright, flame-like hair in the small town of Hawkins. Her eyes as well, they looked amazing in the moonlight but in the sunlight they were a deep blue, almost like the sky on a warm day. Her eyes in the night were gorgeous too, deep blue like the ocean in a storm.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked her quietly.
"Finally you asked instead of staring. Yes. Yes you can." Max giggled. I smiled at her, leaning forward. Our lips met, it was just as amazing as the first kiss we had shared. "Ooooo!" We jumped apart at the sound of the voice. "Dustin!" I exclaimed.
"Lucas? El- what are you all do here?" I demanded.

"Heard it was a good hang out spot. You guys doing okay?" Dustin smiled, sitting down behind us. "Yeah good...you?" I glanced at Max. She seemed just as confused as me, and a little annoyed. "I'm doing great! Max how are you?" Dustin turned to my girlfriend. "I was doing great too but then something disturbed the peace so um not amazing really." She said, her annoyance clear in her tone.

"Oh- what disturbed your peace?" Mike questioned. "You." I stated. He glared at me. "We literally just wanted a little time to ourselves did you guys have to stalk us and ruin it?" Max sighed. "We were going to leave you to it but um- well we got bored so we followed." Will admitted. "Sorry for ruining your date." El apologised. "It's fine. Just don't do it again." I smiled. They all nodded.

I looked over at Lucas. He had gone completely quiet. "You alright, Lucas?" I asked him.
"Im fine." There was a slight edge to his voice that caught me off guard a little. "Jeez that was snappy." Dustin commented. "Sorry I'm just tired." Lucas mumbled. "You don't have to take that out on Quinn." Max said. "Oh yeah my bad Quinn, did I hurt your feelings?" Lucas retorted, a cold look came to his face as he turned to me.

"What?" I furrowed my brows at him. I get being a little grumpy when you're tired but he was being rude for completely no reason. "Lucas, what the fuck?" Max now seemed very annoyed. "Why are you getting so defensive?" She spat.
"I wasn't even getting defensive until you thought I had offended Quinn!" Lucas exclaimed. "Oh so it's my fault?" Max gasped. I looked between the two. Tension was starting to rise and I was not a fan of it.

"Maybe it is! You two just get so defensive over each other when it's rarely needed!" Lucas shouted. "My bad for being defensive over my girlfriend!" Max yelled back. "Yeah we get it! She's your girlfriend! You don't have to state it every two minutes!" Lucas took a step towards the red head. "Oh my god Lucas I don't! What is this! Are you jealous?" Max questioned. I bit my tongue and watched the two.

"Guys stop yelling!" Mike exclaimed above the noise of the argument. "I'm going back to my house." Lucas stormed down the hill. "Wait for me!" Erica ran after her older brother. "Wait- guys!" Mike followed. "Mike? Wait!" Eleven chased her boyfriend's footsteps. I watched them go. I turned to Max. "You alright?" I whispered. She nodded, looking confused and...angry?

"Let's go back." I said, talking to everyone in the group, well everyone who had stayed. We all got up and headed back to my house. The older people were still asleep so we were able to sneak back into without being asked where we had been. Me and Max sat on my bed, I leaned my head against the wall behind me. "What was Lucas' problem?" Max asked. I glanced at her. I wanted to know for sure why he had been so 'shouty' but it was pretty easy to guess.

I spotted Dustin and Will looking at each other. "You two know something. What is it?" I asked them. "Lucas told us um...after you and Max told everyone you were dating. Max, he still likes you." Will explained. I frowned and looked at Max to see her reaction. She had her face in her hands. When she lifted her head she rubbed her eyes.

"So he got so mad and annoyed cause he has a little crush on me?" Max sighed. "Um yeah, I guess." Dustin shrugged. "You should probably talk to him about that. Or he'll just keep getting annoyed about small things. Be nice though, Max." I told my girlfriend. "Yeah I'll tell him tomo- in the afternoon." Max corrected herself as she spotted the time.

"Alright good. You guys want breakfast?" I asked. Everyone nodded and we headed downstairs.