𖣘𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷𖣘

𖣘𖣘𖣘𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝙼𝚎𖣘𖣘𖣘

I moved part of my shirt off my injured shoulder slightly, wincing as the material brushed against the cut. Max grabbed a cloth and put it under water, she squeezed it slightly so it wouldn't drip everywhere before gently pressing it onto my shoulder. I bit my bottom lip as pain spiked through me. "Sorry." Max apologised softly.
"It's fine." I told her, watching as she took out cleaning alcohol. "Ready? This is gonna sting." My girlfriend warned me.

"Yep, I'm ready." I nodded. I was in fact, not ready. I gasped and bit my bottom lip harder this time as the alcohol stung my cuts. "Sorry!" Max pulled the cloth away, looking up at me worriedly. "I'm fine, sorry for scaring you." I spoke. "You don't have to say sorry, it's fine." Max smiled. I just nodded and took the pressure off my bottom lip as Max finished cleaning up my injury.

"There done." Max said, satisfied with her work. "Thanks." I smiled, carefully putting my shirt back on properly. "I should probably change this shirt." I mumbled. "That might be a good idea." Max nodded with a smile. We left the bathroom and I went upstairs to change shirts. Once I was finally in a clean shirt I went back down to the others. We sat and talked for a little while. I ended up zoning out, the other's talking becoming background noise as I stared blankly at the floor.

"Quinn." A chill rolled down my spine and I froze. The gravely voice made fear wrap around my heart once again. "Did you really have to tell your friends about me? You know how much danger you've put them in by doing that?" I gripped my hands into fists as I heard that dark laugh once again. "Leave. Me. Alone." I spoke, gritting my teeth together as I heard my voice crack.

"I can't do that. You know too much already." The Devil speaks. "Why out of everyone? Why me?" I demanded. "You're strong I'll give you that. You're also one of the closest to the people I need to please a certain someone." The creature explained. "Max?" I spoke under my breath. "No, though if it makes you accept this deal I might have to bring her into things." The Devil said. "No please!" I turned around wildly to see where the creature was. "All I need is a yes." The Devil told me.

"I can't! I'm not giving my soul up!" I exclaimed. "Hm, Max must not be important enough to you then. Shame, shame." The Devil said in fake sympathy. "No! I- please don't hurt Max, please." I begged. "Just say yes and I won't hurt her." I went silent. I didn't want anyone to get hurt, especially Max, but I also didn't want to sell my soul to the Devil.

"I'll send you back Quinn. You have one last chance. Refuse the next and Max, Steve, Dustin...all you're friends are mine to take." Before I could say anything else I opened my eyes to find myself in the floor. Everyone was crowding me. "Quinn! Oh thank god!" Max pulled me into a hug as soon as my eyes opened. I gripped her tightly, she was real, it was real, I was back.

"What happened? You like- fainted?" Lucas examined me carefully. "He came back to talk to me." I spoke. "Who?- the- the devil?" Dustin questioned. I nodded. "What did he want?" Mike demanded. I stared at him in silence, remembering what the Devil had said. 'Did you really have to tell your friends about me? You know how much danger you've put them in by doing that?'

"I can't say." I mumbled.
"Why? What did he say, Quinn?" Max asked me. "I've already told you too much, now he's after you. All of you." I felt the tears roll down my face. "What- after us like- now?" Mike looked around the room, as though expecting the Devil to pounce any second. I shook my head. "Then when?" Lucas asked. I shrugged.

I sat with Max as everyone discussed the new information. "Do you think you'll see him again?" Max asked me quietly. "I know I will," I responded. "It's my last chance before he..." I trailed off, I needed to be careful. From what he had said it was clear he was keeping an eye on the things I said. Max didn't ask for more detail, there was a silent understanding between us.

"Hey Quinn?" I turned to look at the redhead. "If it comes to you having to choose between anyone else, especially me, and you. Promise me you'll choose to save yourself." Max whispered, her voice was choked with emotion and I could see the tears threatening to spill from her eyes. "Max..." I tried to speak.
"Quinn! Please! Just promise me." Max begged. "I promise." I said softly.

Max leaned in and kissed me. I was slightly shocked, she had never done this in front of the others. I kissed her back and pulled away as I realised the room had gone silent. Me and Max turned to the rest of the group who were staring at us. "What are you looking at?" Max demanded. There were a few mumbles of 'nothing' before they continued talking again.

I smiled and leaned my head on Max's. I closed my eyes hand sighed. Did I just make a promise I couldn't keep? Probably.