Chapter Twenty-Five

Evelyn

I should have slammed the door on his face when I saw that it was him. I shouldn't have even opened the door. I didn't know it was him.

I thought Anna forgot her house key, or one of Anna's many lovers come to drop off something she left at their place.

I didn't expect to see Dean standing there with a stupid bouquet of my favorite flowers, sunflowers. He looked the exact same.

Those shining honey gold with specks of emerald staring at me as if they could do no wrong.

His face was clean-shaven, and he was donned in a suit like always with his hair as messy as him. Why did he have to look just as handsome as every time he's shown up at my doorstep? Why?

Because he's a fucking asshole, that's why.

"I'm sorry." He repeated. "I'm so fucking sorry."

"I don't want your stupid apology, Dean." I crossed my arms over my chest, so I didn't reach for the flowers and beat him with them.

"Evelyn, please, just hear me out." He pleaded, and my hands shook at my sides.

"Hear you out?! I haven't seen you in a month. One whole fucking month. Did you just now realize that you fucked up?" I shouted.

"No, I knew I fucked up from the very beginning."

"Uh-huh. Okay, that's nice and all, but I don't fucking care anymore. Leave." I grabbed the doorway, causing him to take a step forward.

"Baby, please, just give me one more chance."

"No. No, you don't. Don't baby me." I poked his chest with my finger, shoving him back.

"I know I fucked up, Evelyn, but please you have to give me one more chance. I promise I'll make it up to you."

"How? You gonna draw up another contract for me to sign?"

I knew it was a low blow, but I didn't care. I wanted him to hurt like how he hurt me. I wanted him to see just how much he hurt me.

I wanted him to know how it felt being on the other side.

"Do you remember what you told me when you were in jail? That you'd do anything. That's how I feel. I'll do anything. Say anything. I'm at your mercy, baby, just, please. I miss you. I need you."

I almost gave in because I missed him too and I needed him too, but this wasn't how the world worked.

He couldn't just show up and beg me to take him back, especially not after what he put me through.

"I don't want anything from you. I want to be left alone." I said instead, not wanting to show a sliver of weakness.

"I'll never stop. I'll keep coming back here and I'll keep begging you until you take me back." He insisted, keeping those steady eyes on me.

That's sweet.

I rolled my eyes. "That's pathetic."

"I don't fucking care. All I care about is you. You're the only person I care about, and I will do anything and everything to win you back."

"It would have been nice to know you felt this way a month ago." I exasperated.

"I've cared about you for way longer than that." He admitted.

"You never once showed it."

"I'm working on it. I'm working on myself."

"How, by blackmailing more girls and taking advantage of them?"