Chapter Twelve

Dean

Those curls were going to be the death of me. I love watching them bounce and sway with every step she takes and every turn of her head.

She was something out of some fucking fairytale, too beautiful to be this real and too perfect to ever be mine.

I don't know if I've always loved her hair or not, but just catching the sight of them right now made me believe that maybe deep down, I've always subconsciously watched Evelyn.

Her lavender-colored sundress with puffy sleeves barely reached below her knees. All I could remember was how it felt slipping my hand between her thighs. I could still feel the dampness of her little cotton panties.

Fuck. Fuck me.

It was going to be a long afternoon. Especially since I couldn't stop thinking about the sweet taste of her mouth; it's been a while since I kissed a girl, but kissing Evelyn made me forget that any other woman existed.

It felt like it was just us at that moment. Evelyn and I pressed against each other behind her parent's shed as I devoured her pouty mouth. I wanted to taste other parts of her.

It felt illegal thinking about Evelyn like this, especially when I was standing between her father and Nick while they grilled the burgers.

I should not be thinking about how tight she'd feel around my fingers, tongue, and cock. I should not be thinking of that criminal tongue or those saintly sounds of raw pleasure.

What a fucking contradiction.

Her tongue was wicked for someone as pure and untouched as Evelyn. I had the agonizing urge to find everyone who's ever touched her and break their hands for touching what was mine.

People started to arrive, and all friends and family of the Carmichael's and Nick stayed with me by the grill while Sam went to greet everyone.

"So, how's Catalina?" I asked.

"Cat is fine. We are going out tomorrow. Just as friends, of course." He quickly added.

"A man and a woman can't be friends, Nick. Especially since you already have feelings for her."

He flipped the burger and let out an aggravated sigh.

"I more than like her. I feel like I'm in love with her. It's crazy considering I barely know her, and we've only been working together for a year, and half that year, she was with someone else. But, fuck, that woman is it  for me."

"You love her?" I asked skeptically. "How?"

"I just know. Trust me, when you find the woman of your dreams, you'll know."

"Mom's coming!" I turned to see Evelyn running towards us as she shouted her announcement.

Her dress flowed through the wind and the sun shined on her face. I could see every sunspot she had, see the smile that donned her face, and I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

Her curly locks formed a golden halo around her head, and I saw her stop as she stood beside her father.

She was giddy as her father whispered something to her, and I watched her face glow as she let out a loud laugh; then, as if insecure, she placed her hand over her mouth.

Oh, fuck that, baby. Laugh.

I want to hear the silky sound that the Gods themselves from above envy, for it belongs to a mere mortal. A mortal with an iniquitous body, flaxen ringlets, and cherry-blossom lips that I wanted to take the time to explore and memorize.