Chapter Thirteen

Evelyn

"I don't know any golf terms."

"You don't have to know any golf terms. I'm the one that's going to be golfing. You're going to be making nice and polite conversation with his wife, Brenda."

"That doesn't sound like fun." I wrinkled my nose in annoyance and felt his hand rest on my bare thigh.

The pleated gray skirt he sent me reached mid-thigh, and the feel of his hand on my thigh had me feeling hot.

He sent the skirt, white Polo tee shirt, and a new pair of sneakers for me. Looking down, I saw just how big his hand was.

It covered up my entire thigh, and the thought of how his long fingers would feel inside me had me clenching my thighs.

I wish he'd dip his fingers down, trace my skin, then wander up, up, up. His hand tightened around my thigh.

"Evelyn, I need you to be a good girl for me."

"Yes, Sir."

"This couple donated the biggest check for my foundation. After golf, we're taking them out for lunch. Remember. Good girls, get rewarded, Evelyn."

I placed my hand over his causing him to look at me briefly before turning his eyes back on the road.

"I'll be good for you, Sir. I promise." He squeezed my thigh in response but didn't speak.

Brenda and Bill Montgomery were a very, sweet couple. Brenda and Bill both were wearing similar golf attire but with matching hats and sunglasses.

I didn't know the golf logistics, nor did I understand if Dean was winning or not. I didn't know a Birdie from a Bogey and thankfully Brenda didn't understand it either.

It made the whole polite conversation more effortless and not so forceful. So, while our men golfed, we sat in the caddy, sipping on iced tea.

Brenda was a talker, which was a relief since I didn't know what to talk about with her. I played the dutiful listener, nodding, smiling, laughing, and aweing; I went all out.

Sometimes I could feel Dean's eyes on me from the corner of my eye, but I stayed focused on Brenda, who had her hands full with her twin boys.

She called her two daredevils because they climbed everything and anything that could and could not be climbed, then jumped down as if there was a safety net beneath them.

Dean looked like one of those men on Polo magazine covers. He was fit and handsome, and that white shirt was just hugging him a little too snug. It was then that I realized we were matching in a way.

White shirts. Gray bottoms. White sneakers. I saw Dean pull the golf club back and then whack it so far that we had to place our hands over our eyes from the sun.

"Another ace!" Brenda's husband, Bill, shouted as he clapped a hand on Dean's back.

"Is your boyfriend cheating, or is he that good?" Bill chuckled, meeting my eyes.

"He's just that good." I got up and made my over to him.

Without a second thought, I grabbed his face and kissed him right then and there. I felt his hands at my waist as he kissed me back, gripping me forcefully tight. It wasn't a long kiss, but fuck, it was intense.

I pulled away and walked back over to the caddy. I giggled, and I turned to see him staring at me with dark eyes that held a warning. A delicious, body shuddering warning.

'Bring it.' I mouthed, and the corners of his lips tugged up into a smirk.

After finishing up their game, Dean took us all out for some fancy lunch at the resort by the golf course. By fancy, I mean, there were like three different types of forks and spoons.