Chapter Five

Evelyn

'Dress nice. Will be picking you up at eight. Do not be late.'

True to his words, his secretary sent me his schedule the same day. After signing his fake girlfriend contract, he told me to go home and get some rest. He had warned me not to ever drink like that again before actually letting me go.

It's been two days since I last saw Dean, and for some reason, I was almost excited when I saw that he had an event today. Granted, it was a charity event, but an event, nonetheless.

Signing the contract made me realize something, Dean was playing a game with me. He wanted to teach me a lesson but in a cruel, sadistic way. I was excited to see how tonight was going to go down.

Was he going to let me hang off his arm as he introduced me as his girlfriend, or would he be stiff and humorless the entire night? Would he hold my hand for show or keep his hands to himself?

Would he act all romantic and sweet, so people buy our fake deal or not? I don't know Dean, at least not enough to know how he is with other people that aren't me.

He was always so nice to my parents growing up, but there wasn't a connection or a foundation between us.

I was the pesky baby sister that annoyed everyone and left her toys all over the floor. He told me that he still viewed me as Nick's little sister and that he was doing all of this to punish me. It was weird every time I thought about it.

The entire situation didn't make any sense. The blackmailing, the contract, the whole ordeal didn't sit well with me. I mean, Dean clearly hated me. He reprimanded me more than he actually spoke with me.

He was always cursing and swearing too. And all the nose flaring. What was up his ass? Yet, he went all out by forcing me to be his fake girlfriend. All to impress his business clients and potential investors.

I guess he loves his money. I mean, that's the only conclusion that made sense. He wanted his branches to work and his business to succeed, so why not kill two birds with one stone.

'When I text you, I expect a text back.'

I rolled my eyes as I texted him back. 'Yes, Sir.'

'Good girl.'

Came his quick reply, and I hated how much I loved hearing those two stupid words; even over text, they were just as alluring.

It's not like I needed to be praised, but the thought of someone telling me how good I was doing lit up my confidence.

I liked being acknowledged, and it made me wonder if I'd feel as giddy if any other man told me those words. Did he say them to remind me that he saw me as a girl, or did he know I liked to hear them?

With Dean, a thousand-piece puzzle was easier to handle. Dean was locked up tightly, like some steel safe that you had to put in a million codes just to see a sliver of him.

If he wasn't angry, then he was annoyed, and I hated that those were the only two emotions he expressed around me. I didn't even know what I wanted from him. It's not like I still liked him.

The crush I had evaporated over the time I spent traveling and being away from him, yet there was something that drew me to him. It was a little spark. A tiny but charged spark.

If I closed my eyes, I could feel it. I could feel the touch of his fingers as they wrapped around my wrist. I let out a small whimper as I imagined his fingers on my skin. They'd start on my neck and trail down my body.

I cupped my breast underneath my shirt and played with my nipple while imagining Dean's fingers on them. I kneaded my breast aggressively because I had a feeling that's how Dean would touch me.