Chapter One

Evelyn

The bartender in front of me wasn't even looking at the perfect fake ID that I paid someone almost $200 to craft for me. He was too busy eyeing my tits.

He was cute, and I didn't mind the gawking, but I paid good money to get into this bar, and he wasn't even questioning my age.

Did I look like I was twenty-three? Or did I just look like a twenty-year-old girl with big tits?

His eyes darted away from my cleavage long enough to hand me my ID back. I could hear my best friend next to me as she whispered very loudly how cute the bartender was.

Scruffy black hair with small brown eyes.He wasn't my type, but I don't think I had a specific type. I believed in a different system.

Soulmates. I believed that there was someone out there for everyone. I believed in fate and destiny and lovers that were designed and molded for you.

I believed in fairy-tale endings and in princes who sweep you off your feet. I believed that the right person for me was out there somewhere, and I just haven't found him yet.

Anna giggled at something the bartender said, and I saw her teasingly place her hand over his arm as he spoke.

Since middle school, Anna and I have been friends when we were partnered up for a school project. It was about the pros and cons of Marijuana and have been friends since. If you haven't guessed, Anna did the entire pros section of the project.

Anna changed her hair color almost every month, and this month it was a light purple. It was cut into layers, and she had blow-dried it to make it as voluptuous as her curves.

Even though purple was an odd color to have your hair, Anna didn't give a single shit about what anyone else thought. She lived her life loudly and boisterously, and she never doubted herself.

"A round of shots." She ordered, her hazel eyes twinkling mischievously at the bartender, who was more than eager to get our order.

Who wouldn't be eager if two girls in slutty dresses with their cleavage spilling out asked for a round of shots? Not Ben, the bartender who scrambled to get us shot glasses. The bar we were in was new and exclusive. 

Supposedly the man who owned it opened it two months ago to test the waters before making his bar a branch throughout Los Angeles.

Even the name was strange, yet it somehow fits with the whole theme of the bar. The sign on the outside of the bar was as dark as the name, Obsidian. Everything in the bar was all shades of black.

The carpet, the flooring, the stools, the chairs, and the bar's surface were black granite marble.

It was expensive, and you would think a lot of the same color would be weird or ugly, but it wasn't. It fit.

The variety and shades of the same color wove in and out of the bar, which may be why it was the talk of the street.

There were no bars like this. It also wasn't too loud. They didn't have a DJ, but a stage where a man was singing softly like background music.

The entire bar was lit with a soft gold hue, making the atmosphere more intimate. It was dark colors, yet it was oddly calming.

Across from the stage, there was a little open area where people were dancing along to the music or just standing there with a drink in their hand as they swayed to the melody.

"Tonight is the night, Evelyn," Anna affirmed as she handed me a shot glass.

I felt giddy as we toasted our shots and then downed them together. "To losing my virginity." I squeaked as we downed another shot together.