𝑡 ℎ 𝑖 𝑟 𝑡 𝑦

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗞𝗘𝗧.

.·:*¨༺ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 THIRTY ༻¨*:·.
W ʀ   C ɴ   ~ 1148

I awoke to an empty feeling in my arms. Upon opening my eyes I see why. She's gone. I feel a wave of disappointment roll over me which soon turns to confusion and relief as I see her clothes on my desk which I'd folded before we'd gotten into bed as I'd leant on one of my T-shirts.

'She must've gone to the roof' I thought to myself, getting up out of bed and walking over to my apartment door.

The steps creaked slightly as a heavy silence hung in the air due to it still being the early hours of the morning.

As I reached the top of the stairs, I slowly turn the door handle and walk out into the rooftop.

I look around only for my eyes to latch onto a familiar silhouette. Her legs were dangling off the side of the building as she sat on the raised platform designed to keep people from falling off. Her blue hair trailing behind her as she sat, her braid all messy and lose as my oversized grey T-shirt hung over her right shoulder, exposing her tattoos. Her back was towards me as she looked out upon the rising sun.

I walked over to her, making sure that I wasn't too quiet so she'd know to expect me and would't get jumpy.

"Hey trouble." I say softly, placing my left hand on her shoulder as I stand next to her. Her skin was soft and hot to the touch despite the cold breeze. I look over to my left to see her only for my smile to fade as I notice her expression.

"Are you okay?"

"No. No I don't think I am." She mumbles under her breathe, lowering her gaze from the rising sun to her hands which she messily played with on her lap.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I climb up and sit beside her.

"Maze... I don't deserve anything good that comes my way. I don't deserve to be happy. Not after everything I've done. The people I've hurt. And you..." she trails off, her voice breaking slightly at the end as she frowns trying to stop the tears from falling. I feel myself zone out slightly as I look down at her lap, her nails now gently picking at her skin.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." She whispers as she takes in a shaky breath.

"I am... not. Ummm... well." Jinx stated. I turned to look at her but she continued to look ahead refusing to meet my gaze. The wind gently blew at her hair and I could see tears brimming at the corners of her eyes.