𝑠 𝑖 𝑥

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗞𝗘𝗧.

·:*¨༺ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 SIX ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 SIX ༻¨*:·.
W ʀ C ɴ ~ 1241

          "You killed three enforcers! What do you have to say for yourself ?!"

So of course I got called to Silcos office as soon as Sevika found both me and Jinx at the last drop annoying Chuck. I had been high on adrenaline and made some.... poor choices, to say the least. But in my defence I'd never felt like that before so how the hell was so supposed to know how to react? Embracing my emotions instead of pushing them down.

Now I'm starting to realise why I was taught differently. Due to my lack of judgement I'd acted impulsively and foolishly and now I was getting scorned for it.

"Oops?" Jinx let out a laugh at my reply, making me fight back a smile.

"Oops? Oops?!" Silco repeated in disbelief then anger.

"My job is to protect Jinx, not to tell her what she can and can't do. Plus, I doubt she'd listen to me even if I tried so it's better to just go along with it." I stated with a shrug.

"That is true." Jinx added on with a nod and a both innocent and playful expression.

I heard Silco mutter something along the lines of 'These kids will be the death of me.' Jinx clearly heard it as well due to the smirk that appeared on her face.

"Oh come on, give her a break,"  the girl exclaimed, throwing on of her arms around my neck as she leaned her body into mine.

"She was protecting me after all."

Silco huffed in frustration.

"Fine, just this once. Now, I think you two need some time apart. There's a new shimmer shipment coming in tomorrow, Maze you'll go with Sevika and make sure everything runs accordingly."

I felt Jinx tense up.

"What? But that isn't fair," Jinx protested, stepping forward slightly as she glared at Silco.

"And you, need to focus on your inventions, take some time for yourself."

"But-"

"Maze you can leave us now. Sevika, you too." Silco gestures to the door, I nodded. Jinx's arms drop to her sides as she lets go of me and looks ahead with anger written across her face. I take one last look at her which she refuses to return before closing the door behind me.