Chapter 19: Back on the Trail

Frankie was at the front desk of a motel while on the phone with Madame Foster.

"No, Grandma. We didn't find him. We totally lost his trail," Frankie informed.

"Checking out?" the receptionist asked.

"Yes, thank you," Frankie answered, giving her the room key, then finished the call while signing a form, "It was really late last night, so we stayed in a motel. I guess there's nothing else to do except come home. ...Maybe you're right. Maybe he will just come back. I sure hope so. We'll be back this afternoon. ...Love you, too."

She hung up then sighed before joining the others. Frankie noticed Jamie, hugging herself sadly, so in response, she put a comforting arm around her. She also gave her a reassuring smile, making Jamie return it. They got to the bus where the three guys Wilt ran into were caught trying to hot-wire the bus.

Not long after, the thieves were tied up and Nina prepared to interrogate them.

"Forget it, lady! We're not talkin'! You-you're not gettin' a word outta us!" Louis remarked.

"Oh, yeah?" Nina smirked then yelled dramatically before grabbing the passenger pole, "Eduardo! Help, help! Ayudame! Los banditos, they are hurting me!"

The thieves were a little confused before they felt the bus being lifted and shaken, which was because of Eduardo.

"Banditos estan muertos! MUERTOS!" Eduardo shouted.

"Well, that's one way to interrogate someone," Jamie commented.

Nina just held onto the pole with a smile while the thieves were thrown around like rag dolls.

"Okay, lady!" Louis shouted.

"We'll talk, we'll talk!" the guy in the jersey added.

"Just call off your monster!" the bearded guy pleaded.

Nina leaned out the window and signaled, "Es bueno, Eduardito. I'm okay now."

Eduardo happily put the bus down then asked while holding up a lollipop, "Oh, okay. You want a lollipop?"

"Oh, gracias, mi pollo torro!" Nina said while scratching his head, making him go to the ground and them laugh.

Right after, Nina got the answers she needed before stepping out of the bus.

"You're not going to believe this! I know where Wilt is!" Nina stated, making everyone happy.

"Are you serious?!" Jamie exclaimed excitedly.

"Does this mean we picked up the trail again?" Mac wondered happily.

"Yes, it does, Mac! And we haven't a moment to lose!" Frankie answered.

"Officer Valeroso, where is he?" Jamie asked.

"Well..." Nina trailed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N *chuckles nervously* Funny story about that.