Chapter 14: On the Road and The First Stop

Back on the Foster bus, Nina and Eduardo were singing a song they sang as children while doing a form of patty-cake.

Then Bloo tried to snoop on what Adam was working on.

"Whatcha doing?" Bloo asked.

"None of your beeswax," Adam answered.

Bloo got up, looked at the laptop, and said, "It looks like--"

"I'm using the functional residence imaging to analyze the levels of neural activity in the brain in response to old factory cues. And therefore as I said previously, none of your beeswax," Adam explained.

Bloo got a better look and objected, "No it's not. That's a website on how to pick up women."

Adam quickly shut his laptop.

Meanwhile, Mac and Jamie were going over the map

"I think we missed our exit," Mac said.

"Yeah. I think we did too," Jamie agreed.

"Here, give it to me," Frankie remarked.

"No. No. We got it," Jamie declined.

"Besides, you need to watch the road," Mac replied, making Frankie huff.

Adam drew a fake line and told Bloo, "This is your side and this is mine. You stay on your side."

As they argued, Douglas just chuckled to Coco.

"They are so immature," Douglas remarked.

"Cocococo," Coco said.

Douglas gasped lightly then remarked, "I'm one to talk? I'm totally mature."

He blew a raspberry while moving his fingers in front of his nose.

Mac and Jamie were still talking to Frankie about the map.

"I just don't see why you can't stop and ask for directions," Jamie said.

"Because I don't need directions," Frankie remarked through gritted teeth.

"Ah, that's so typical. You're just like my mom," Mac stated.

All the arguments and singing was really starting to get to Frankie. Finally, she had had enough.

"Quiet! Everyone settle down right now! Or, I mean it, I will turn this bus around!" Frankie yelled, making everyone be quiet.

Then Nina came up to her with a ticket and said, "Watch the road rage."

They made it to the bus stop and called Wilt's name as they went in.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Mac asked the woman at the front.

Adam and Douglas shoved each other at the door until Frankie was coming toward them.

"All-- Allow-- Allow-- All-- Allow-- All-- Allow--" Douglas stammered.

"Me," Adam finished as Frankie entered the station.

"Thanks," she said, looking at the ticket she was given, then asked, "Well, is he here or not?"

"I think we missed him. We'll have to try and catch him at his next stop," Nina answered, about to open the map.

"Uh guys, this lady says she saw him," Mac said as she blew a bubble and it popped.

As she told them what happened, Jamie's heart was breaking to know he went in the opposite direction. When they were trying to go toward him, they were getting further away.

They all went to the bus and took their seats.

"I don't get it. Why would he suddenly change directions like that?" Frankie asked.

"He's practically going in the opposite direction. It doesn't make any sense," Mac pointed out.

"You wanna know what I think?" Bloo asked.

"No," everyone answered.

"Well, we'll find out what on his earth Wilt's doing soon enough," Frankie replied.

"I sure hope so," Mac stated.

"Me too," Jamie sighed then requested, "Hey Frankie, mind if I drive?"

"You have a bus license?" Frankie asked.

"Yeah. My part time job at college was driving the bus. You can take a break," Jamie offered.

"Thanks, Jamie," Frankie yawned and sat on a seat at the back of the bus.

Jamie took over and drove away into the night, thinking of Wilt.

'Wilt, I hope you're okay. I need to tell you how I feel,' she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Will they be able to catch up to Wilt with this change of direction?